News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

When the shit misses the fan... [UPDATE]

Started by Ri©h, January 31, 2009, 07:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

hoodie22

tet

late to the thread also, but matt (and your granddad) put it best.  best of luck to ya, buddy...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Buffalo Budd

I'm late to thread as well but will convey the same sentiments as Mattstick.  Sometimes it's these kicks in the ass that are just the motivation we need to make changes in our lives.  With a family, it just makes it a lot more stressful since you not only have to look out for your own ass, but others as well.  Really sorry to hear about your bad luck man and I hope things are working out today.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Ri©h

Okay folks, here's the final poop.  I am officially eligible for re-hire.  But it comes at a price.  I have to wait 30 days from the date of my termination before I can be re-hired.  Basically a 30 day suspension.  Once that period has expired and I go through their hiring process again I may be able to remain where I am or work at another job in another state if they need me there. 

The 30 day period is due to the damage that was caused to the equipment I was operating.  Somewhere in the neighborhood of $15K.  Which I feel horrible about but what's done is done.  I f'ed up and I have to take it like a man.  It could be much worse...  I could be paying the $15K back to them and never have a shot at working for their company, ever!

Red, the owner's right hand man, did a pretty thorough investigation.  He spoke to every supervisor and foreman that I worked with as well as a few employees that I was teamed up with.  Apparently not one of them had a single bad thing to say and some were surprised that I had been terminated.  As far as the accident, however, I was definitely half at fault.  No ifs, ands or buts about that part. 

His bottom line was this.  Once I'm re-hired I'm at the top of the list for whatever piece of equipment they need me to run.  That part kicks ass because I hate running scrapers (they beat the living shit out of you).  It also means that he trusts me.  That is extremely vital in a situation like this. 

So I'll be on hiatus.  I'm not terribly happy about the hiatus but it's what I have to take or take nothing at all and try to find work with another company.  That can be really bad with the economy in the shitter and a construction industry one step above it.  I'm sure everyone knows by now that Caterpillar just canned 20,000 people.  I operate Caterpillar equipment.  Do the math.   :|

Thankfully I have money in the bank and a tax return coming so I can still support my family and get through the hiatus.  Even though this is "time off" I wasn't shut out.  I have a lot of other things I can do on the side including operating equipment for people that I know who call on me from time to time.

I'd like to thank each and every one of you that sent out good vibes and well wishes.  This turned out much better than I expected and I'm going to be fine. Just fine.

Guess I'll be doing a lot more paugin' in the next few weeks.   :-D

ytowndan

Glad to see that everything worked out ok!   :beers:
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Buffalo Budd

Great to hear it worked out.  :clap: You'd think they would have insurance for something like that and not have to rely on penalizing you.  Shitty that you're off for a bit but I guess you might as well make the most of it and enjoy.  :-D
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sls.stormyrider

glad it worked out - coulda been a lot worse
:beers:
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Caravan2001

nab

hoodie22

blatboom

too bad you can't spark up during your hiatus since they'll surely check you..
unless you do it right now

antelope19

Quote from: blatboom on February 03, 2009, 10:42:07 PM

you're full of good suggestions.   :wink:

Glad things worked out, Rich. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Ri©h

Quote from: blatboom on February 03, 2009, 10:42:07 PM

Well...  technically I can.  Only because I don't spark up everyday.  Once or twice a month I'll take a couple of hits just to enjoy a nice buzz.  At that rate it's out of my system within a couple of days.  Plus, I drink a lot of water, take healthy vitamins and herbs daily and add niacin as well. 

I can't be a daily stoner anymore.  So every time I do get high...  I get HIGH!!!

I've got a small stockpile of hash and herb that have been with me for probably 6 months now.  I guess you could call me a "casual stoner".   :-D

alcoholandcoffeebeans

honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫