News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

NFL 2012-2013

Started by antelope19, February 21, 2012, 10:59:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 13, 2012, 02:31:52 PM
Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints finally agree to five-year, $100 million contract

http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2012/07/drew_brees_new_orleans_saints_10.html

Bout friggin time!!!  Highest paid player in NFL history... worth every penny for the Saints.

::trying to look forward to bigger better things after this rough off-season::

:-o

QuoteESPN reported the deal is worth $40 million in the first year, with $60 million guaranteed in the first three years.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

aphineday

Holy shit. That's insane!
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

UncleEbinezer

Quote from: aphineday on July 13, 2012, 03:46:42 PM
Holy shit. That's insane!

That's larger than 3rd world country GDP's!

NOLA is drooling over that income tax money.
Quote from: bvaz
if you ever gacve me free beer, I'd bankrupt you  :-D

MiamiPhish

Finally, FINALLY Brees can feed his children.

khalpin

Quote from: MiamiPhish on July 13, 2012, 05:41:34 PM
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

runawayjimbo

I had the misfortune of turning on the ESPYs the other night right as Brees won some made up award for something. He proceeded to give the most rambling, disjointed, snoozer of an acceptance speech I've ever heard. He droned on for about 4 mins thanking just about every single member of the organization by name. What a bore.

It will be interesting to see how he fares this year without Payton calling the plays.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 13, 2012, 08:36:38 PM
I had the misfortune of turning on the ESPYs the other night right as Brees won some made up award for something. He proceeded to give the most rambling, disjointed, snoozer of an acceptance speech I've ever heard. He droned on for about 4 mins thanking just about every single member of the organization by name. What a bore.

It will be interesting to see how he fares this year without Payton calling the plays.

Yeah, I don't see Brees going into broadcasting when he retires... he ain't that guy. He is an amazing quarterback, though. I think it will be an interesting season without Payton. I see a playoff berth, but I would be surprised if they do well once they get there.

And say what you will about Brees, he's a class act... Here's the front page of today's Times-Picayune...

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

antelope19

Quote from: MiamiPhish on July 13, 2012, 05:41:34 PM

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

phil

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 14, 2012, 10:59:41 AM
And say what you will about Brees, he's a class act...

I would have backed you up on this before all this contract dispute junk happened. Holding out for an unnecessarily large contract is something I expect from a punk like DeSean Jackson, not Drew Brees.
Quote from: guyforget on November 15, 2010, 11:10:47 PMsure we tend to ramble, but that was a 3 page off topic tangent on crack and doses for breakfast?

PIE-GUY

Quote from: phil on July 15, 2012, 08:36:07 AM

I would have backed you up on this before all this contract dispute junk happened. Holding out for an unnecessarily large contract is something I expect from a punk like DeSean Jackson, not Drew Brees.

My understanding is that the hold-out had more to do with the terms of years 3-5 in the contract than it did the difference between 19 and 20 mil per year. Drew wanted to make sure he's in NOLA for the rest of his career.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 15, 2012, 10:52:09 AM
Quote from: phil on July 15, 2012, 08:36:07 AM

My understanding is that the hold-out had more to do with the terms of years 3-5 in the contract than it did the difference between 19 and 20 mil per year. Drew wanted to make sure he's in NOLA for the rest of his career.

Fact. And further proof he's a class act.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

antelope19

Saints' #1s looked pretty sharp tonight against the cards. They marched right down the field on O and then picked kolb on D.

Football season has started!!!!!!!!!!!!

:beers:

antelope19

Tannehill named starter for the dolphins and locker the starter for the titans. Interesting

antelope19

Interesting opener......

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged