News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Elite 8 - Round 4 - Natty Dread Region - 1-Bob Marley v 2-Jimi Hendrix

Started by UncleEbinezer, March 30, 2011, 10:10:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: susep73 on March 30, 2011, 11:10:30 PM
tough thread here in the elite 8, I'll have to think this one over.  as much as I love Jimi, I have evolved to appreciate Bob on similar levels.  both are shamanic in their influence.
:-o
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

barnesy305

fauxpaxfauxreal

if you've ever tripped while listening to this...you'd never pick bob marley.

MeltMe

Jimi...not a second of thought going with Bob.  I stopped listening to Bob on my own in my freshman year of high school, right around the same time :phish: found me.
Comparing Jimi to Bob in a musical sense just isnt fair to Bob imo.  What Bob did as a person is a different story...
nothing i see can be taken from me...

anthrax

Hicks

Fuck man, it's kind of a guy who was more important to music (Jimi) vs. a guy who was more important to just the world in general (Bob).

Hmmm, the world is overrared but music is not, so I'll go Jimi. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

anthrax

Quote from: Hicks on March 31, 2011, 12:20:45 AM
Fuck man, it's kind of a guy who was more important to music (Jimi) vs. a guy who was more important to just the world in general (Bob).

That's a good way of putting it. 

But I think I put Bob in much more than I put Jimi in.  A good Bob tune can change my whole mood.  I think I just decided.

mbw

jimi would vote:  "groovy baby.  i gotta vote for bob, baby."

bob would vote:  "irie"

Lifeboy

Quote from: Hicks on March 31, 2011, 12:20:45 AM

Hmmm, the world is overrared but music is not, so I'll go Jimi.

I just vote based on who I like better.

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on March 31, 2011, 12:26:56 AM
jimi would vote:  "groovy baby.  i gotta vote for bob, baby."

bob would vote:  "irie"

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

ytowndan

I know that only 20 people have voted so far, but I'm kind of surprised that it's so lopsided.  I wasn't expecting to see one person up by almost double the amount of votes. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mbw

Quote from: ytowndan on March 31, 2011, 12:30:25 AM
I know that only 20 people have voted so far, but I'm kind of surprised that it's so lopsided.  I wasn't expecting to see one person up by almost double the amount of votes.

let the lobbying begin!

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on March 24, 2011, 08:54:39 PM
ever see an actual prophet, in a trance, command lightning?

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

zimbra

"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio