News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

AKRON/FAMILY

Started by Gumbo72203, June 16, 2009, 03:04:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ytowndan

Quote from: blatboom on June 21, 2009, 06:19:24 PM
Quote from: G. Augusto on June 21, 2009, 06:18:19 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on June 21, 2009, 06:03:19 PM
I just jumped on the 10-3-09 & 3-8-09 shows for ya

:-o

oh snap!  how's fall tour RJ??

The space/time continuum means nothing at an Akron/Family show, man.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

G. Augusto

ytowndan

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

G. Augusto

It's dope that people "get" these guys.
Love is Simple is an album that will blow minds 50 years from now.

rowjimmy

You guys don't have fall tour yet?

Slack.

blatboom

Love is Simple is sick.  currently in heavy rotation.

saw this on the wiki:
QuoteThe band also released a limited edition CD/DVD of the band's "The Great American Mess Tour 2006". The Live footage was shot at various locations while on tour.

anybody seen this and know if it's worth trying to track down?

inourdr

Finally got around to listen to Love Is Simple and Set 'Em Wild Set 'Em Free last night and was floored but 'em. Last time I was this impressed by a studio album was when a friend gave me a copy of Dr. Dog - Easy Beat.

Akron/Family = Face Melt!

blatboom

WillBreathes

Free show at the Rock Hall 07/22.  Will be my first.
tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither

rowjimmy

blatboom

rowjimmy

natronzero

Awesome! +k

I love the tie dyed flag backdrop. When I saw them at Mess with Texas during South-By there was nothing on the stage for them to hang it from, so they had 2 guys stand there and hold it up behind Dana for the whole show, and they would wave it dramatically at key moments. And for the last tune (Woody Guthrie's America) they all came to the front of the stage to sing and wrapped the flag around themselves.
I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

blatboom

been listening to Set Em Wild Set Em Free this weekend.  and while it obviously isn't as good as Love is Simple as a whole, it certainly has it's moments.  the high points are very high, the first 4 tracks especially.  I've listened to River probably 10-15 times.. awesome music and even better lyrics.  and the vocal harmonies at the end of The Alps are painfully good.  these guys fucking kill!!  yet another band I've  been sleeping on.  but they have a lot of great music ahead of them (I hope)

factoring in work, I'm gonna have a hard ass time making it to that D.C. show 2 days after the Gorge and 2 days before Darien.  I just gotta get there...

inourdr

Quote from: blatboom on June 21, 2009, 04:35:21 PM
alright I know this isn't the ISO forum but I've been looking at the few torrents on bt...

I'm also grabbing 2009-03-08(24 bit) and it's moving slowly but surely:
http://bt.etree.org/download.php/523350/AkronFamily2009-03-08.aud.flac24.torrent

Can anyone help seed this? I'm stuck at 50%. Thanks.