News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Trey Acoustic Shows

Started by rowjimmy, January 24, 2017, 01:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JumbleTheVents

I'd love to check out one of these, if only he were rocking out in Jacksonville.
Can you dig it?

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on January 27, 2017, 12:31:44 PM
I saw Trey on the '99 Acoustic/electric tour and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen.
This. Plus when I saw him in '99 it was the first time he had played the Murat Theater since '94, but of course he talked about the '93 Gin that night.

Also back in '05 the best part of the 70 Volt Parade show was when Trey came out acoustic during set break to play Ripple for Jerry on the 10th anniversary of his passing.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mistercharlie on January 28, 2017, 06:35:14 AM
I saw Trey on the '99 Acoustic/electric tour and it was one of the best shows I've ever seen.
This. Plus when I saw him in '99 it was the first time he had played the Murat Theater since '94, but of course he talked about the '93 Gin that night.

What'd he say?
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 28, 2017, 10:08:45 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on January 28, 2017, 06:35:14 AM

What'd he say?

"I'm gonna come back in four years and play Bathtub Gin, again... in this room." Not a lot, but everyone knew what he was referring to.

Listening back to that show and looking at the setlist file, I realize that I saw the first BOTT and Heavy Things that night (also Windora Bug, if that counts for anything).
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mistercharlie on January 28, 2017, 10:51:59 AM
"I'm gonna come back in four years and play Bathtub Gin, again... in this room." Not a lot, but everyone knew what he was referring to.

Listening back to that show and looking at the setlist file, I realize that I saw the first BOTT and Heavy Things that night (also Windora Bug, if that counts for anything).

Cool!
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

kellerb

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 28, 2017, 12:17:03 PM

Cool!

HE DIDN'T

mistercharlie

Quote from: kellerb on January 28, 2017, 05:41:43 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 28, 2017, 12:17:03 PM

Cool!

HE DIDN'T

Nope. The next time her played that venue was in the Egyptian room in 2014, 15 years later. And he still did not play Bathtub Gin.

ytowndan

Hoping for some couch tour action on one or more of these. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

zimbra

Quote from: ytowndan on January 28, 2017, 09:22:57 PM
Hoping for some couch tour action on one or more of these.

Sounds like a perfect night to have some beers and feast on my couch.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mbw

Hope he decides to do more of these soon, would love to catch one.

Caravan2001

Sounded decent from what I heard.  Except for that hella loud dude in the crowd.

ytowndan

I'm listening to Keith Antaya's recording of the 8th right now (sounds great). 

Trey sounds really good!  He should do this kind of thing more often.  Maybe do another acoustic/electric tour? 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

shoreline99

Quote from: Caravan2001 on March 10, 2017, 12:49:42 PM
Sounded decent from what I heard.  Except for that hella loud dude in the crowd.

FUCK YEAHZ TREYYYYY
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

tet

I listened to the other night, really enjoyable and relaxed show.  Holy fuck is Walfredo great solo acoustic - would never have expected that.  Also thrilled to hear Anything But Me - one of my favorite songs.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish