News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Trey Acoustic Shows

Started by rowjimmy, January 24, 2017, 01:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

susep

Quote from: tet on March 10, 2017, 03:28:37 PM
I listened to the other night, really enjoyable and relaxed show.  Holy fuck is Walfredo great solo acoustic - would never have expected that.  Also thrilled to hear Anything But Me - one of my favorite songs.

ditto, really like it as well.  The Coventry version is especially poignant. 

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on January 27, 2017, 11:53:50 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on January 27, 2017, 11:35:51 AM
Nothing, huh?

If that was in my hometown, I may consider it.
There's just only so much Trey can do solo.

I'm gonna go ahead and retract this statement, only listened to bits and pieces but i'm impressed.
And the setlists have been pretty stellar.
Following the stream tonight.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Hicks

Killer setlist tonight: 

TROY SAVINGS BANK MUSIC HALL
Troy , NY

SET 1: Strange Design , Blaze On , Mountains in the Mist , The Wedge , Shade , Backwards Down the Number Line , Twenty Years Later , Tide Turns , Rubberneck Lions , The Inlaw Josie Wales , Free , Kill Devil Falls , Wolfman's Brother , The Line , The Lizards , Guelah Papyrus , Wading in the Velvet Sea , Lawn Boy , Summer of '89 , Carini > Chalk Dust Torture

ENCORE: Rock 'n' Roll Suicide , More

Rubberneck Lions!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

Quote from: Hicks on March 11, 2017, 01:03:12 AM
Killer setlist tonight: 

Troy , NY

SET 1: Strange Design , Blaze On , Mountains in the Mist , The Wedge , Shade , Backwards Down the Number Line , Twenty Years Later , Tide Turns , Rubberneck Lions , The Inlaw Josie Wales , Free , Kill Devil Falls , Wolfman's Brother , The Line , The Lizards , Guelah Papyrus , Wading in the Velvet Sea , Lawn Boy , Summer of '89 , Carini > Chalk Dust Torture

Rubberneck Lions!

Damn! I LOVE anything Oysterhead. Maybe we'll see some new Oysterhead in the future. There's no news as to what Les or Stew are up to these days.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mistercharlie

So there are 4 sources for the first one of these acoustic shows up on etree. Has anyone listened to them all and decided which one sounds best yet?
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

anthrax

haven't listened to any of the auds yet, but these youtube vids are killer.  i ended up watching the entire show last night...loved it!

Hicks

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 11, 2017, 08:18:41 AM
Killer setlist tonight: 

Troy , NY

Rubberneck Lions!

Damn! I LOVE anything Oysterhead. Maybe we'll see some new Oysterhead in the future. There's no news as to what Les or Stew are up to these days.

The Lennon Claypool Delerium was so successful I would think they would do another album/tour, but you never know with Les. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

khalpin

Quote from: Hicks on March 11, 2017, 09:48:38 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 11, 2017, 08:18:41 AM
Killer setlist tonight: 

Troy , NY

Rubberneck Lions!

The Lennon Claypool Delerium was so successful I would think they would do another album/tour, but you never know with Les.
I really hope so.  I'm so bummed I never caught them.

Buffalo Budd

Ghost happening right now.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

danje

I almost prefer the acoustic version for a lot of the newer songs.

sls.stormyrider

Agree
Listened to the North Hampton show yesterday over breakfast/ coffee and really enjoyed it
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

VDB

I, too, am a fan of what I've heard (first show so far), much more than I had anticipated I would be.
Is this still Wombat?

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

sunrisevt

Quote from: danje on March 12, 2017, 10:21:04 AM
I almost prefer the acoustic version for a lot of the newer songs.

x3

I recall a bunch of folks (including me) felt this way about TTE back when that solo acoustic run-through popped up.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

jam>