News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Glass Pony - Album 3 out now! (June 2023)

Started by Gumbo72203, August 30, 2017, 12:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gumbo72203

Quote from: VDB on November 21, 2017, 07:14:48 PM
I jumped around a bit but caught some real nice lead work from you, for example coming out of Space Age prior to Weekapaug. Nice little jam out of Paug.

But listen, it's 2017, give us HD footage.

This was done via Facebook live, and the wifi connection at the venue was spotty so it degraded the quality.  Set 2 glitches at the beginning because it lost signal.  Next one will be better because we're bringing our recording rig from the rehearsal space. 

Thanks for listening though man.  I'm pretty proud of this show, i think we played real well for our first actual gig and also considering that I was sporting nearly a 100 degree fever for this haha.  I was so sick last week with bronchitis.  It was awful. 

Curious what you guys think of our Twist jam too. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

Gumbo72203

so here's set 2 for those who are interested!!  Again, apologies for the clitches in the first song; we lost signal, so some of it is cut out.  Also hopefully next time we'll have better audio and video so it's not bootleg looking like this haha.  Still, there is A LOT that I like about this set.  I hope you guys enjoy it. 

Blackberry Brandy (ominous seapods) >
Noise >
Eminence Front
Portraits (original)
Pictures of You (the cure) ->
Slave jam ->
More
Walk Away

%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

VA $l!m

what are the chances of having 3 left handed guitarists in one band?!!
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Gumbo72203

Quote from: VA $l!m on November 25, 2017, 06:59:03 PM

lol it's just the video being backwards.  I don't know how to fix that. 

Did you listen?  I'm really curious what you guys all think. 

VA $l!m

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on December 06, 2017, 02:36:23 PM
Quote from: VA $l!m on November 25, 2017, 06:59:03 PM

lol it's just the video being backwards.  I don't know how to fix that. 

:wink:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

Gumbo72203

Hey guys! 

So, I know this is opening up the rabbit hole of criticism but my band just released our first single.  It was recorded at our practice space which we converted into a studio for one night.  Our singer is an engineer so we set up a whole bunch of stuff and he used his home studio to run it.  I think it came out pretty good. 

I would very much love it if you guys could take a listen and say what you think.

We also have an older jam from rehearsal we released back in January that I think is really good too.  This came out of Weekapaug Groove, and if you have a discerning ear you'll hear a melody at the very end which signals it is the completion of an earlier segment of music ;) 

mbw

You sound happy and healthy and really, that is all that matters.

pcr3

Sounds good gumbo. Keep it up!
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Gumbo72203

Quote from: mbw on March 21, 2018, 07:24:56 PM
You sound happy and healthy and really, that is all that matters.

something something 3.0.....  haha

But no, that's not all that matters!  I need you to like it!   :rockout: :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Quote from: pcr3 on March 21, 2018, 11:07:40 PM
Sounds good gumbo. Keep it up!

Thanks man!  We've got some more stuff coming soon, hopefully.  Maybe someday we'll open for the Jauntee and I can sit in on their wildly successful original song, I've Got A Feeling. 

Gumbo72203

Hey guys!  So, we played what I feel like was our best show ever last night.  It was pretty fucking killer, and someone captured some really good video footage of a song I wrote that I think you guys will all like. 

Please take some time and check this out.  Pink Floyd/post-rock inspired with a Dirt-esque pretty section in the middle.  No improv, just a big long thing XD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIl5f12dD-I&feature=youtu.be

pcr3

Nice work gumbo. You've come a long way with your sound as a band.  :music:
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Gumbo72203

Quote from: pcr3 on August 10, 2018, 12:04:13 AM
Nice work gumbo. You've come a long way with your sound as a band.  :music:

Thanks man!   So, we finally got the tapes up.  There's a lot of good stuff in here.  You guys should peep the Walk Away, we tore that one a new asshole I thought.  I like it a lot.  I thought we played everything really well overall.  Some parts need a bit more rehearsal, but we have a new bass player that we threw all this at in like a month haha. 

Setlist:

Eminence Front
Cities ->
Grovers Mill 1938 (original)
Bolly Golly (original)
Swing That Maximus (original)
Portraits (original)
Walk Away
Stardust (original)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tih9g47a459odha/AAABv2KafDTA8ueqG_SYYbdfa?dl=0

Video of the Bolly Golly jam

Gumbo72203

Hey guys, I hope you'll take some time to listen to another cut from our last show, this time a long Cities -> Grover's Mill 1938 segment! 

Do your worst. 

Caravan2001

Sounds pretty good dude.  Keep it up.  I can hear the improvement from the last clip I listened to 6+ months ago.  Keep at it!

Gumbo72203

WOW!  So, things are getting wild.  We just played on Saturday with 2 other local Delmar bands, one of whom you NE ppl might recognize:  Raisinhead.  They've been around for a long time and feature Brian and Tom from the Ominous Seapods (They played Monopole and Good to be Alive for a Change).

There was over 170 people at this show  :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Anyway, we had Matt from Formula 5 sit-in on keyboards for some of our songs, one of which got captured on video.  I think this jam was pretty good, although the soundguy for some reason kind of mixed my guitar out.

Either way, this one was pretty fun! 

We also took a fairly deep dive into "Blackberry Brandy" with Matt as well, and man, I've never seen people so amped up.  You'll see at the end....... everybody is smashed up against the front (it was PACKED) and they were SO LOUD and everybody was jumping at the end.  It was amazing.  What a feeling.