News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Jazzfest 2019, or the all things NOLA thread

Started by PIE-GUY, July 16, 2018, 01:42:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

That's right - it's never too soon to start talking about Jazzfest 2019. All the best B&B's are completely booked already. Who's with me??

Also, The Meters were presented with a Lifetime Achievement Grammy this weekend. Watch this:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1EZJqMy8s9ypdUWs760GXpTXTvWuy9xZ4/view
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

alcoholandcoffeebeans

I turn 40 in 4 years.

this was my request to celebrate; Jazz fest 2020.

see you there <3
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

emay

freaking hope to make it this year as I had to bail last year for some good work opportunities with a local bluegrass band here.

my good friend I stay with in NOLA is moving to New York soon too so the free crash spot might be gone now :(

never too early to start planning.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on July 18, 2018, 05:06:44 PM
I turn 40 in 4 years.

see you there <3

You better come in 2019 just to suss out the whole thing for the big four-oh.

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 18, 2018, 09:47:02 PM
Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on July 18, 2018, 05:06:44 PM
I turn 40 in 4 years.

see you there <3

You better come in 2019 just to suss out the whole thing for the big four-oh.

I wish!   :|
I have two weddings to attend in April and May.. Providence, RI & Manassass, VA.

and a family cruise in June....
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

gah

First weekend just got an extra day added to it!

Two 4 day weekend's this year!

To celebrate the 50th year of Fest!

Is it time to get excited yet???

:crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mistercharlie

I've seen a rumor floating around that The Phish will be playing Jazzfest again in '19... We'll see if they do or not.

I would personally love to hear them play a Jazzfest set with a new iteration of the Giant/Cosmic Country Horns!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

The only rumor I've heard is The Rolling Stones 2nd weekend.

PIE-GUY

JRAD just announced their 2019 touring plans - 2 nights at Mardi Gras World first weekend - also, looks like SCI will be taking over that same space for 2nd weekend... glad to know something will get the hippies out of my hair weekend 2!!

Also, details on the Brass Pass for 2019. Brass Passes will get you in 7 of the 8 days at the Fairgrounds. The one day not included will be the 2nd Thursday - officially billed as "Locals Day" with discounted tickets for NOLA residents.

emay

Also disco biscuits late nights first weekend **cough cough** ill see myself out.

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 13, 2018, 03:42:13 PM
JRAD just announced their 2019 touring plans - 2 nights at Mardi Gras World first weekend - also, looks like SCI will be taking over that same space for 2nd weekend... glad to know something will get the hippies out of my hair weekend 2!!

Also, details on the Brass Pass for 2019. Brass Passes will get you in 7 of the 8 days at the Fairgrounds. The one day not included will be the 2nd Thursday - officially billed as "Locals Day" with discounted tickets for NOLA residents.

FAHK! Why would they switch to the first weekend?!?! I can't come that weekend, I got a wedding to attend. But I dig that they got 28 shows for next year, and the released all the info on them all at once! I'll have to plan to hit up some other ones...

Quote from: emay on November 13, 2018, 03:54:11 PM
Also disco biscuits late nights first weekend **cough cough** ill see myself out.

:shakehead:

PIE-GUY

So, the JF rumor mill is on high alert regarding the Stones. The rumor is that 2nd Thursday will be the Stones in the headlining spot... and that tickets will be capped for the first time ever and they expect it to sell out... AND that tickets for that single day will be $150+ while every other JF day will remain its usual $80-90...

Explains why a Brass Pass is 7 days and the one day not included is 2nd Thurs.

WTF, Quint?

kellerb

Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 16, 2018, 01:16:21 AM
So, the JF rumor mill is on high alert regarding the Stones. The rumor is that 2nd Thursday will be the Stones in the headlining spot... and that tickets will be capped for the first time ever and they expect it to sell out... AND that tickets for that single day will be $150+ while every other JF day will remain its usual $80-90...

WTF, Quint?

Anyway, we delivered the Bomb.

VDB

I will be in Nola for a wedding the first weekend – deliberately scheduled to coincide with JF. Rooting for the Phish rumor but damn, what a near miss this would be for my great dream to one day see the Stones.
Is this still Wombat?

gah

Quote from: PIE-GUY on November 16, 2018, 01:16:21 AM

WTF, Quint?

Well, I hope someone sets up one of those one day festivals for that Thursday then, at Mardi Gras World or on Oak Street or whatever, cause that's where I'll be. I could care less about seeing the Stones, or paying 150-200 for a one day ticket. I do understand capping the tickets though, after that one year when it was just straight up dangerous (i forget who the headliner was tho that caused that chaos?).