News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Jauntee: Always Never Knowing Tour

Started by WhatstheUse?, August 09, 2018, 01:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Ticket is in hand!!! And also, Scotty, it looks like your opener is a Keller-Williams-type-one-man-band. 
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Just realized there's a typo in the tour dates. Pretty sure you guys should be playing a day show in Hampton, VA on 10/20.

Thrillhouse

Man, that was one of the most enjoyable drives home I have had in a long time scotty boy. Sounds TOO crisp.
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

pcr3

"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

mistercharlie

Quote from: pcr3 on September 14, 2018, 10:36:04 PM
Two more days until I get my fix.  :wtu:

Only a week left for me. But the wife and I are going to see White Denim tonight, so that's awesome also!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Thrillhouse

Quote from: pcr3 on September 14, 2018, 10:36:04 PM
Two more days until I get my fix.  :wtu:

We calling the Creamy opener? or is that closing material for a place like Allston?

Thrillhouse

Lets get a tour update bud! How have the twiddle shows been specifically.

mistercharlie

The more I listen to the Indy show, the more happy I get about getting to be there! Sorceress is the heat as well as Before The Storm. Set 2 was non-stop goodness!!!

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on September 28, 2018, 11:22:52 AM

This past week has been craaaazy. Probably the biggest run for us ever. Huge crowds, amazing venues and we really connected with their fanbase, made a lot of new, young fans! Also sold more merch in 5 shows than we usually do on full tours.

Say what you will about Twiddle, but I no longer have anything but positive things to say about them and their crew. They were extremely accommodating, friendly and humble. They're just out there doing the best they can and having fun. There was no ego or anything - we just partied it up! They got a crazy tour bus and everything.

Most of their crew, including their engineer, works with Mike Gordon band as well so it was prettty cool to here some stories. Burlington is a small town so apparently all the serious crew guys generally all work with the same few VT based touring acts.  Oh..... and these guys have played/are playing again with Phil!!! I got to hear personal Phil Lesh stories. Just mind blowing. And they are as in shock as anyone else. Their bass player told me every time they've played with him he asks Phil how they should approach playing with 2 bassists.... should one stay high? The other low? He said Phil's same response every time was "oh, I don't know what I'm doing up there.... I just do my own thing....you just do your thing"  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Bring in the dude!

Thrillhouse

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on October 01, 2018, 01:54:09 PM

This past week has been craaaazy. Probably the biggest run for us ever. Huge crowds, amazing venues and we really connected with their fanbase, made a lot of new, young fans! Also sold more merch in 5 shows than we usually do on full tours.

Say what you will about Twiddle, but I no longer have anything but positive things to say about them and their crew. They were extremely accommodating, friendly and humble. They're just out there doing the best they can and having fun. There was no ego or anything - we just partied it up! They got a crazy tourbus and everything.

Most of their crew, including their engineer, works with Mike Gordon band as well so it was prettt cool to here some stories. Burlington is a small town so apparently all the serious crew guys generally all work with the same few VT based touring acts.  Oh..... and these guys have played/are playing again with Phil!!! I got to hear personal Phil Lesh stories. Just mind blowing. And they are as in shock as anyone else. Their bass player told me every time they've played with him he tries to ask Phil how they should approach playing with 2 bassists.... should one stay high? The other low? He said Phil's same response every time was "oh, I don't know what I'm doing up here.... you just do your thing"  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

There is a lot to love here Scout, happy to read all of this! The ATL/BHam shows specifically looked pretty nutso  :wtu: :wtu: :wtu:

mehead

Say what you will about Twiddle, but I no longer have anything but positive things to say about them and their crew. They were extremely accommodating, friendly and humble. They're just out there doing the best they can and having fun. There was no ego or anything - we just partied it up! They got a crazy tourbus and everything.

Most of their crew, including their engineer, works with Mike Gordon band as well so it was prettt cool to here some stories. Burlington is a small town so apparently all the serious crew guys generally all work with the same few VT based touring acts.  Oh..... and these guys have played/are playing again with Phil!!! I got to hear personal Phil Lesh stories. Just mind blowing. And they are as in shock as anyone else. Their bass player told me every time they've played with him he asks Phil how they should approach playing with 2 bassists.... should one stay high? The other low? He said Phil's same response every time was "oh, I don't know what I'm doing up there.... I just do my own thing....you just do your thing"  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Nothing but awesomeness!
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

gah

Most of their crew, including their engineer, works with Mike Gordon band as well so it was prettt cool to here some stories. Burlington is a small town so apparently all the serious crew guys generally all work with the same few VT based touring acts.  Oh..... and these guys have played/are playing again with Phil!!! I got to hear personal Phil Lesh stories. Just mind blowing. And they are as in shock as anyone else. Their bass player told me every time they've played with him he asks Phil how they should approach playing with 2 bassists.... should one stay high? The other low? He said Phil's same response every time was "oh, I don't know what I'm doing up there.... I just do my own thing....you just do your thing"  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Love it. Was also checking on the youtube looking for more of those caton sit-in's, but nothings popped up yet, def wanna hear that eyes though...

(also, it should be noted, that is the first and likely only time "twiddle" will ever be typed into my search bar, despite what scotty says  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard )
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

WhatstheUse?

We tagged on a couple weekends to our fall tour - headed back out west! Seattle, Portland, and Bozeman specifically were just too good to not return again this year. So psyched to get back out there! Here's what we got for the rest of the year... maybe throw in another CO show or two in December.

Quote10/03 - Skipper's Smokehouse - Tampa, FL
10/04 - The Hummingbird - Macon, GA
10/05 - CukoRakko Music Festival - Steele, AL
10/06 - Nowhere Bar - Athens, GA
10/10 - Deep Ellum Art Company - Dallas, TX
10/11 - The Morgue Bar and Grill - San Marcos, TX
10/12 - Last Concert Cafe - Houston, TX
10/13 - The Deli - Norman, OK
10/19 - Cervantes Otherside - Denver, CO
10/20 - The Caribou Room - Nederland, CO
10/19 - Cervantes Masterpiece Ballroom - Denver, CO
10/20 - The Caribou Room - Nederland, CO
11/08 - Filling Station - Bozeman, MT
11/09 - John's Alley Tavern - Moscow, ID
11/10 - Substation - Seattle, WA
11/14 - Talent Club - Ashland, OR
11/15 - Goodfoot Pub & Lounge - Portland, OR
11/16 - Hogan's Pub - Clarkston, WA
11/17 - The Murray Bar - Livingston, MT
Bring in the dude!

Hicks

No Twiddle though?

Hmmm, I'll think about it. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

emay

Told the boone crew peeps about Ashland since they all live in rogue river now mostly and it's pretty close