News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Jauntee: Always Never Knowing Tour

Started by WhatstheUse?, August 09, 2018, 01:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: August on October 23, 2018, 04:35:35 PM
Just listened to this and the previous night today!
This one was def more jammed out, but I felt like the crowd was a little more responsive the first night?
I liked both!

The first night w/ Twiddle was unfortunately a throw away experience for us. Sound engineer in Greenville was filling in and completely incompetent - which made for a frustrating stage experience. I remember thinking we did 'as good as we could' for how horrendous the sound was. So, not a positive experience on my end that night.

It's pretty unique playing to these big crowd who don't know us.  I'm sure 90% of the crowd in Atlanta had no clue who we were, which creates an interesting dynamic. People don't know when to react because they don't know the music. Furthermore, our sets were like... 8:00-8:45... which, for better or for worse... the crowd is very sober... which leads to some awkward-ish silences between songs in a venue that size. 
Bring in the dude!

August

I'm sure you made a ton of fans!
They'll know for next time!

One of the Salmon slots you guys closed with Flutterby and crowd had a really cool reaction at the silent part in the middle.

gah

Also, I don't know if you were aware of this or not, but the Boathouse Live (Newport News, VA) uses a photo from a show of you guys as their official image for all mailings...pretty cool, guess it's in homage to the fact that you guys were the ones to first play that venue.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

zimbra

Dude! Glad I got to see you guys and catch up while you were in town. Y'all are always welcome to crash and since we close on our home in 11 days...next time we will have plenty of room. Apologies about the air mattress fiasco.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Thrillhouse

The band just announced a show in Frisco on my 32nd Birthday! I will be dosing accordingly. :wtu: :wtu: :wtu: :wtu: :wtu: :wtu: :wtu:
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on November 12, 2018, 08:48:45 PM
The band just announced a show in Frisco on my 32nd Birthday! I will be dosing accordingly. :wtu: :wtu: :wtu: :wtu: :wtu: :wtu: :wtu:

I'm not going to be able to babysit you if you take 32 hits dude...
Bring in the dude!

Thrillhouse

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 12, 2018, 10:47:43 PM

Bullshit. Remember the show you played at Nicks Frat in CT around 2011? the one where Tony and I ate an entire vile?

For real though, considering asking for an air BnB for my Bday from one of the folks, would you be into that scotty?

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on November 12, 2018, 11:31:48 PM

Bullshit. Remember the show you played at Nicks Frat in CT around 2011? the one where Tony and I ate an entire vile?

For real though, considering asking for an air BnB for my Bday from one of the folks, would you be into that scotty?

Yes, I remember Tony getting too high. If I remember correctly, he said he kept one finger... to one note....and didn't venture beyond that the entire night because he was incapable.

As for the AirBnB.... if you book it...  sounds aweomse...
Bring in the dude!

Thrillhouse

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on November 12, 2018, 11:41:01 PM
Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on November 12, 2018, 11:31:48 PM

Yes, I remember Tony getting too high. If I remember correctly, he said he kept one finger... to one note....and didn't venture beyond that the entire night because he was incapable.

As for the AirBnB.... if you book it...  sounds aweomse...

yea.....i was really high, sounds about right.

"If you book it, Kim Kam Kermer will come."

WhatstheUse?

finally got around to uploading the West Coast run..

Quote11/08 - Filling Station - Bozeman, MT
11/09 - John's Alley Tavern - Moscow, ID
11/10 - Substation - Seattle, WA
11/11 - Firefly Lounge - Bellingham, WA
11/14 - Talent Club - Ashland, OR
11/15 - Goodfoot Pub & Lounge - Portland, OR
11/16 - Hogan's Pub - Clarkston, WA
11/17 - The Murray Bar - Livingston, MT

Kind of a weird run in general, half of the shows had basically no one in attendance and I think the music reflected that. I was also sick a few nights so it's hard to "get into it" when you're feeling that way.   Seattle > Talent > Portland would be my picks to listen to though if you're going to pick a few.....

My AKGs also broke this run, so the recordings are sub-par for our standards, IMO but those will be back in action for 2019.
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Caravan2001

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.