News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rolling Stones 'No Filter' Tour

Started by emay, November 19, 2018, 02:30:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zimbra

I've seen them twice. Managed to pull 4 suite tickets to the Houston show. I love the Stones and they remind me of my father, i'll always go see them if I can.  Take the train 2 blocks from my house to dinner with my cousins and then walk to the show. Looking forward to it!
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

mopper_smurf

Last time I saw the Stones was at the Paradiso in Amsterdam in 1995. They were pretty good.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

sunrisevt

Is Keith playing a nylon/gut-strung guitar there?  :-o
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

cactusfan

Saw them in '89. Clapton sat in for a few songs. It was pretty good.
Don't need to see them again.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: sunrisevt on January 25, 2019, 11:26:31 AM
Is Keith playing a nylon/gut-strung guitar there?  :-o

My guess is that they chopped up a dealer and used his entrails.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Hicks

Heart valve surgery for Mick, probably will be 2020 before he is back in shape to go on the road.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sls.stormyrider

they initially said valve, now they're saying stent, which makes more sense.

If that's true, most people could be back at work in a week. I bet there is a several million dollar insurance policy on this tour so they will make him take his time getting back. I suspect late summer / fall

ETA story is changing again, so who knows. If he leaves the hospital Saturday it's a stent. If he leaves later in the week it's a valve.
Either way, all the best Mick!!!
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

zimbra

Quote from: slslbs on April 02, 2019, 01:39:17 PM
all the best Mick!!!

This. Haven't been this excited about a show in a long time. Rock and roll and nostalgia are both great things, when you combine them its even better.
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

Hicks

Quote from: slslbs on April 02, 2019, 01:39:17 PM
they initially said valve, now they're saying stent, which makes more sense.

If that's true, most people could be back at work in a week. I bet there is a several million dollar insurance policy on this tour so they will make him take his time getting back. I suspect late summer / fall

ETA story is changing again, so who knows. If he leaves the hospital Saturday it's a stent. If he leaves later in the week it's a valve.
Either way, all the best Mick!!!

Catheter valve replacement, pretty incredible that they can do this now.

Hopefully I'll live long enough to need another bypass and it will be done the same way. 
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

sls.stormyrider

Just read that it was a transcatheter valve and a stent. A "normal" person would probably go home later today or tomorrow, then back to work in about a week or so. Of course nothing about Mick is normal.

Yes, it's pretty cool what can be done these days.

and hopefully Hicks, you'll live a long time and not need any other stuff done to / for your heart
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

Hicks

I think it's best to be realistic about my prospects and ~30 years from my surgery when I'm in my late 60s or 70s it's highly likely that my grafts will need to be replaced. But who knows where we'll be with the technology at that point, so I'm hopeful that it won't be the same ordeal I went through. 

sls.stormyrider

I went last night.
so yeah, they are 75+ yrs old
and Mick's vocal range is no more than 1 octave

but those guys can play and those songs are great.
Mick can still move

good times

rowjimmy

At the DC show (which I did not attend) they busted out "Mercy, Mercy", which they haven't played since the Hyde Park show that became Brian Jones' public memorial. That's 50 years, you guys.

Here it is, 50 years earlier: