News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Ghosts of the Forest Spring 2019 Tour

Started by pcr3, December 11, 2018, 02:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 23, 2019, 11:22:07 AM
Ghosts of the Forest - Beneath a Sea of Stars is up on Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, etc. - Recorded at the final GotF show at the Greek in Berkeley and remastered, etc. - sounds fucking fantastic!

https://livemusicblog.com/news/ghosts-of-the-forest-beneath-a-sea-of-stars-live-lp/

Woo! Something I can stream from my desk at work! I dig it!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

alcoholandcoffeebeans

Quote from: PIE-GUY on July 23, 2019, 11:22:07 AM
Ghosts of the Forest - Beneath a Sea of Stars is up on Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon, etc. - Recorded at the final GotF show at the Greek in Berkeley and remastered, etc. - sounds fucking fantastic!

https://livemusicblog.com/news/ghosts-of-the-forest-beneath-a-sea-of-stars-live-lp/

thank you :)
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

Caravan2001

That Greek show was so good.  I was regretting getting ticket and flight after I heard the first show of the tour, but now I'm so happy I went.

mbw

My boys just pulled out a book to read...

Caravan2001

mistercharlie

So I just got an email from Trey (or rather his website) that they are going to do a free GotF Webcast (on 4/20, no less) and that Trey wanted to share the previously unreleased studio version of Stumble Into Flight.

QuoteHi everyone!

I can't believe it's been a year since the Ghosts of the Forest tour. What an amazing experience that was. I miss playing music with my buddies Celisse, Jen, Ray, Fish and Tony. Thank you so much to everyone who came out and took that huge leap of faith to see an entire night of brand-new music. This never could have happened without all of you, the most remarkable, open minded group of people ever to attend a concert in the history of music. I just can't even believe it when I think back on it.

While I was reminiscing about the tour, I was thinking about the song "Stumble into Flight" that was recorded during the Ghosts of the Forest sessions. The lyrics feel eerily relevant right now and I wanted to share the studio version. "Pebbles in the pitcher make the water rise" refers to the Aesop's fable "The Crow and the Pitcher". A thirsty crow finds a pitcher with water at the bottom, beyond the reach of its beak. He can't push it over, so he drops in pebbles one by one until the water rises to the top of the pitcher, allowing him to drink. Necessity is the mother of Invention. Thoughtfulness is better than brute force. Where there's a will there's a way.
Maybe I'm overly optimistic, naive, or ignorant about history, but I believe that we're going to find solutions to our seemingly insurmountable problems, and that some kind of positive shift in social consciousness is waiting for us on the other side of all of this. It feels like we're on the precipice of a forward-thinking social upheaval. A course correction based on kindness, community, ingenuity, unity.

I believe this.

Thank you all again for your faith and support on that Ghosts tour. In celebration of that special tour, we will be doing a free webcast of Ghosts of the Forest's April 13, 2019 show from the United Palace Theatre in New York City. The full show will stream this Monday night 4/20/20 starting at 8 PM ET at http://webcast.livephish.com or on my facebook.
Much love to all of you, and much love to any of your family or friends who are struggling with loss, sickness and economic insecurity during this difficult time.

Trey
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.