News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

TAB 2019 Tour Dates

Started by mehead, February 11, 2019, 03:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mehead

TAB "Spring Tour" Spanning a whopping 4 dates in 3 cities

5/28 - St. Petersburg, FL

5/29 - St. Augustine, FL

5/31 & 6/1 - Atlanta, GA

https://treytickets.shop.ticketstoday.com/
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

gainesvillegreen

So, the Florida venues he's chosen here are quality. I would highly recommend going to either/or if you are in the area - I mean, St Augustine, honestly? There were many years in Gainesville and Tallahassee that I would have paid a high price to see him play something that small. I can completely understand why he has chosen these venues to play.

However, Trey takes a minimum of 5 shows to get warmed up anymore. Minimum. And that is being kind. You can point to the recent Holiday Run as counter to that argument, but the long solo acoustic run just prior should be considered practice for him, and in light of those, there isn't any reason the first set of 12/28 should have been that garbage, and it was hardly the best Holiday run in their history.

So, in short: I can understand why he wants to play these locales, I can understand why people would pay to see him in these venues, even travel a bit for them, but what I can't understand is why he clearly can't hear how out of step he is when he starts a tour. Does he not listen to himself? How does a (professional) musician not constantly assess this?

Vent over. Watch it be the greatest four shows TAB has ever played.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

emay

Those FL venues look small and...interesting.

One is like a small backyard/alley way of a bar.

The other looks like a mini jones beach but in a FL swamp.

Bobafett

Yeah that place in st Pete is pretty sweet. I saw leftover salmon in 2000 there. I Can't imagine seeing trey there.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

ph92

St auggie ampitheater is a sick venue. Bummed I'm missing this, it's only 45min from where I live
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

WhatstheUse?

Damn... TAB w/ Derek Trucks at Lockn'
Bring in the dude!

rowjimmy

Quote from: gainesvillegreen on February 11, 2019, 10:02:54 PM

So, in short: I can understand why he wants to play these locales, I can understand why people would pay to see him in these venues, even travel a bit for them, but what I can't understand is why he clearly can't hear how out of step he is when he starts a tour. Does he not listen to himself? How does a (professional) musician not constantly assess this?

Vent over. Watch it be the greatest four shows TAB has ever played.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Pretty strong to call out the playing on a tour before it even starts,

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on February 15, 2019, 12:29:05 PM
Damn... TAB w/ Derek Trucks at Lockn'

Yeah. Followed by TTB w/ Trey!

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

sls.stormyrider

Yes, the last time Trey played with TTB they totally killed it

And Susan playing with Bobby- that would probably change my mind about not caring to see him anymore
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

emay

2 nights of TAB at the brand new AEG venue in Denver, the Mission Ballroom. Going to compete with the Fillmore.

Its also two blocks from my work so this will be fun.

8/9-10 Mission Ballroom, Denver, CO

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: emay on March 19, 2019, 10:12:19 AM
2 nights of TAB at the brand new AEG venue in Denver, the Mission Ballroom. Going to compete with the Fillmore.

:beerbang: :rawk: Let's partay!  :wtu:
Bring in the dude!

emay

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 19, 2019, 10:17:46 AM
Quote from: emay on March 19, 2019, 10:12:19 AM

:beerbang: :rawk: Let's partay!  :wtu:

yeah buddy! you know it!  :wtu:

tet

holy shit, hit the lottery for 1st night at Brooklyn Bowl!!  I'm fucking pumped, that's gonna be a crazy show in such a small place.  no mention in the email about the 2nd night so guessing I got rejected for that...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

gah

Quote from: tet on April 16, 2019, 05:22:33 PM
holy shit, hit the lottery for 1st night at Brooklyn Bowl!!  I'm fucking pumped, that's gonna be a crazy show in such a small place.  no mention in the email about the 2nd night so guessing I got rejected for that...

congrats! enjoy! not jealous at all.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mattstick

Some good Chainsaw on this TAB webcast tonight.