News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

TAB 2019 Tour Dates

Started by mehead, February 11, 2019, 03:29:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

Quote from: mattstick on July 27, 2019, 10:19:23 PM
Some good Chainsaw on this TAB webcast tonight.

I quite enjoyed it.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mattstick

Really liked Blaze On and Everything's Right in their TAB arrangements.

WhatstheUse?

So apparently turning 32 last month made me officially old bc I just did an unthinkable thing: I bailed on seeing Trey two nights in a row. What is happening to me????

But last night was pretty great, IMO. He sounded solid, the band sounded solid, and I was pleasantly surprised with the song selection. Primarily songs from his self titled album, which I think is his best. A few newer ones thrown in there of course, weirdly enough, I think tunes like Set Your Soul Free and Everything's Right actually work better in the TAB context, not jamming wise, but the songs themself. Even got a Ghost! Is that a TAB first?

For whatever strange reason though... staying at home, smoking weed, and watching Netflix sounded more desirable to me today then driving to Denver to see another TAB show tonight.....Which, is kinda weirding me out - have I officially gotten lamer?!?  :wtu: :tte:

Bring in the dude!

birdman

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 10, 2019, 08:27:45 PM
So apparently turning 32 last month made me officially old bc I just did an unthinkable thing: I bailed on seeing Trey two nights in a row. What is happening to me????

But last night was pretty great, IMO. He sounded solid, the band sounded solid, and I was pleasantly surprised with the song selection. Primarily songs from his self titled album, which I think is his best. A few newer ones thrown in there of course, weirdly enough, I think tunes like Set Your Soul Free and Everything's Right actually work better in the TAB context, not jamming wise, but the songs themself. Even got a Ghost! Is that a TAB first?

For whatever strange reason though... staying at home, smoking weed, and watching Netflix sounded more desirable to me today then driving to Denver to see another TAB show tonight.....Which, is kinda weirding me out - have I officially gotten lamer?!?  :wtu: :tte:

the fuck I just read
Paug FTMFW!

Caravan2001

One night of TAB is plenty imo.  There were plenty of times he would do two night runs in NYC and it was hard for me to even go to one.  I have gone back to back but the only time the second night sounded as fresh was Greek Theatre 2001.  That said, they have a lot more material now than they did 20 years ago.

mehead

I went to both nights at the TAB just a couple of months ago and glad I did. With the added GOTF material and now adding in a Phish tune here and there (Ghost as of late), I didn't find the shows stale at all like I used to.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: shoreline99 on August 12, 2019, 08:29:54 AM
Quote from: birdman on August 10, 2019, 08:47:22 PM
the fuck I just read

:-o :? :-o

I blame it on this:

QuoteFor whatever strange reason though... staying at home, smoking weed

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

emay

So apparently turning 32 last month made me officially old bc I just did an unthinkable thing: I bailed on seeing Trey two nights in a row. What is happening to me? :?

1rst night was better.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: emay on August 12, 2019, 11:44:08 AM
1rst night was better.

now that's what I wanted to hear lol
Bring in the dude!

mbw

next comes leaving phish shows at setbreak, followed by skipping hometown shows.
its liberating.

anthrax

This is why couch tour is so successful!

WhatstheUse?

LoL.

I made the trek to Vail tonight to make up for my skipped Denver show, fwiw.

This venue is super sick! Band is quite enjoyable - heavy on the solo album tunes once again this set, which I love.
Bring in the dude!

sls.stormyrider

Lockin with Derek sitting in for the entire 2nd set
imo Derek added a lot to these tunes

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

PIE-GUY

Quote from: sls.stormyrider on August 25, 2019, 09:47:13 AM
Lockin with Derek sitting in for the entire 2nd set
imo Derek added a lot to these tunes

Jump to 2:05ish to see Susan turn "A Life Beyond The Dream" into a great song! I mean, it was a good song, but she made it fucking great!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul