News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

The Jauntee Summer Tour 2019

Started by WhatstheUse?, May 21, 2019, 03:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

While robots, neither of those look like electrified hangman robots.

mistercharlie

Quote from: G. Augusto on May 21, 2019, 07:03:48 PM
That was Summer '99 I think.
I think I remember them being on '96 tickets too.

Aug was right, as he always is...
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Bobafett on May 21, 2019, 07:07:17 PM
Knotty pine in victor Idaho!   You guys will love that little town and all the beauty around it.  Huckleberry milkshake at the victor emporium is a must!

I've heard it's gorgeous there. Probably gonna be a super random gig but.... THEYLL PAY US!
Bring in the dude!

Bobafett

I'll try to spread the word to the cool people I know.   Wildlife brewing also has great beers and pizza.   One of their beers is made from melted snow exclusively!
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Bobafett on May 21, 2019, 08:34:53 PM
One of their beers is made from melted snow exclusively!

Officially the headiest sentence of all time.

I forget, where exactly did you reside in that area?
Bring in the dude!

Bobafett

I lived In victor, worked in Jackson hole.  I saw galactic, David gans, and the ozric tentacles at the knotty pine.
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 21, 2019, 07:18:30 PM
Quote from: G. Augusto on May 21, 2019, 07:03:48 PM
That was Summer '99 I think.
I think I remember them being on '96 tickets too.

Aug was right, as he always is...

Yup, that's pretty wild.
I had no clue what you were talking about.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Bobafett on May 21, 2019, 09:14:51 PM
I lived In victor, worked in Jackson hole.  I saw galactic, David gans, and the ozric tentacles at the knotty pine.

Well then... Perhaps it's less random than I thought!
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

Super happy to see the Indy show pop up, and on a Saturday night! I'm guessing that they'll have your set starting at midnight again. I'll coffee up that day so I can make it all night.  :wtu:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Superfreakie

Quote from: birdman on May 21, 2019, 06:16:08 PM
Quote from: pcr3 on May 21, 2019, 04:55:26 PM
It's looking like Port Chester > Boston (technically Everett) > Manchester for this guy.

I'm hoping  :sbw: is making the trip down to Garcia's and up to the Manch with me. Anyone else hitting these? shows
ill hit Manchester for sure. Port Chester would be a blast but it's probably not in the cards

I'll do the trifecta with ya. Would like to check out Garcia's.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

GBL

No Iowa shows??? Booooo

You guys should try and hit Des Moines!  It's hoppin down here!

Actually, no.  It's not..
If this is love, I'm never going home..

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: mistercharlie on May 29, 2019, 05:49:04 PM
Super happy to see the Indy show pop up, and on a Saturday night! I'm guessing that they'll have your set starting at midnight again. I'll coffee up that day so I can make it all night.  :wtu:

lol. In a matter of fact, we specifically arranged to play earlier! As you very well know... we haven't exactly crushed it in Indy so far. Which is why we held off on confirming this date.... but, we're back baby haha. I'm hoping (for our sake) you don't get a personal show this time...

The lateness at that bar... is just... silly. We re-arranged set times to have us start at 10pm.... the local band starts at 12:30. Just silly to me.  They even threw out another option to have a DJ until 11pm... then us... THEN the local band start at 1:15am or something rediculous. Apparently their management is convinced "nothing successful happens before 10pm" .... which... I get... there are 'late night bars'.... but.... if there's not gonna be people there either way.. is the lateness necessary?!
Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: Superfreakie on May 29, 2019, 09:16:12 PM
I'll do the trifecta with ya. Would like to check out Garcia's.

Do it. No repeats!  :mrgreen:

Garcia's is a little treat of a side-bar-room to the Cap. Nothing special per-say but this should be an especially ragin' show!
Bring in the dude!

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: GBL on May 29, 2019, 09:21:01 PM
No Iowa shows??? Booooo

You guys should try and hit Des Moines!  It's hoppin down here!

Actually, no.  It's not..

We tried Iowa twice... which, unfortunately seemed to be one time too many... our show at Vaudville Muse in des moines wasn't exactly promising.

How is IA treating you? I do remember finding a bad ass beer bar in Des Moines...
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on May 29, 2019, 09:30:16 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on May 29, 2019, 05:49:04 PM

lol. In a matter of fact, we specifically arranged to play earlier! As you very well know... we haven't exactly crushed it in Indy so far. Which is why we held off on confirming this date.... but, we're back baby haha. I'm hoping (for our sake) you don't get a personal show this time...

The lateness at that bar... is just... silly. We re-arranged set times to have us start at 10pm.... the local band starts at 12:30. Just silly to me.  They even threw out another option to have a DJ until 11pm... then us... THEN the local band start at 1:15am or something rediculous. Apparently their management is convinced "nothing successful happens before 10pm" .... which... I get... there are 'late night bars'.... but.... if there's not gonna be people there either way.. is the lateness necessary?!

That's awesome!! The 10pm start time, not the small turn-out for your shows here. While I enjoyed my personal show, I'd love to see you guys start getting bigger crowds here so you could eventually play the Hi-Fi in Fountain Square, that has normal show times and is in a pretty cool part of town.

I've seen that other bands name around on venues before hopefully some of their local fans will turn out and become Jaunt-eers.