News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Upcoming shows you'll be attending

Started by newplanet7, January 28, 2007, 04:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White_Bandana

Quote from: slslbs on February 01, 2007, 11:56:02 AM
Bela is touring with Chic Corea? Have to find out more about that.

Yup! It should be a great show! Here are the tour dates:

Chick Corea & Bela Fleck 
19  Daytona Beach, FL
Peabody Auditorium
E-tickets: www.peabodyauditorium.org 

21  Columbus, GA
RiverCenter for the Performing Arts
E-tickets: www.rivercenter.org

23  Atlanta, GA
Ferst Center for the Arts
E-tickets: www.ferstcenter.gatech.edu

24  Birmingham, AL
Alys Stephens Center
E-tickets: www.alysstephens.org

26  New Bedford, MA
Zeiterion Theatre
E-tickets: www.zeiterion.org

28  Richmond, VA
Modlin Center for the Arts, Richmond University
E-tickets: www.modlin.richmond.edu

MARCH 2007 
Chick Corea & Bela Fleck
1  East Lansing, MI
Wharton Center for Performing Arts
Michigan State University
E-tickets: www.whartoncenter.com 

3  Washington, DC
Warner Theater
E-tickets: www.warnertheatre.com

4 Gainesville, FL
Curtis M. Phillips Center for Performing Arts
University of Florida
E-tickets: www.performingarts.ufl.edu

I'll be at the Michigan State show.

Also looks like they are touring in June:

JUNE 2007  Chick Corea & Bela Fleck
8  Burlington, VT 
  12   Ann Arbor , MI
  14   Schnectady, NY   
15  Milwaukee, WI or Philadelphia, PA 
17  Indianapolis, IN 
18  Grand Rapids, MI 
20  Salt Lake City, UT 
24  Telluride, CO 

Michigan Love!!!

VA $l!m

huh...

i know chic chorea is playin valentines at the leed center here in lincoln... don't think bela is with him though... i was thinkin of attendin, but damn goin to a show solo on V-day? nah, i'll sit at home and get drunk instead, me thinks... :roll:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

sls.stormyrider

thanks.
the New Bedford show is closest- might be a bit far for a week night though, I'll think about it.
I'll be going to see Wynton 4/28. too bad he doesn't play clubs anymore but should be good anyway.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

danje

When they first annouced that Bela and Corea tour, I had to reluctantly pass on the $55 ticket price.  :cry:

emay

snoe.down march 23-25
WSP in bmore apr 4th.
weekapaug orchestra (a nice local phish cover band) apr 13

rowjimmy

Quote from: VA slim on February 01, 2007, 02:49:26 PM
huh...

i know chic chorea is playin valentines at the leed center here in lincoln... don't think bela is with him though... i was thinkin of attendin, but damn goin to a show solo on V-day? nah, i'll sit at home and get drunk instead, me thinks... :roll:

Sounds depressing.
go see live music.

mopper_smurf

Gearing up for:
John Cale
02/10 Utrecht
02/11 Haarlem
Making a grand total of 134 ...

Wolfmother
02/13 Amsterdam
2nd time ...
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

antelope19

Quote from: emayPhishheadMD on February 01, 2007, 07:00:52 PM
snoe.down march 23-25
WSP in bmore apr 4th.
weekapaug orchestra (a nice local phish cover band) apr 13
Where is WSP playing in B-more?  The hippodrome?  Dare I say, the Baltimore Arena :| ?  The sound in the B-more Arena leaves something to be desired to say the least, but I've never been to the hippodrome.  Thats my birthday!!!!  Hmmmmm, maybe I'll drag my GF along.  And I've never seen the weekapaug orchestra, I think they are made up of some old members of the bridge?  Is that correct? 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

rowjimmy

B-More Arena is a godawful cave. I saw Phylan there many moons again and the sound was horrible.

antelope19

Yeah, the only show I've ever seen there was Tenacious D opening for Weezer.  hahahahaha, it was a kick ass show, but the venue is terrible.  I guess it would take another appearance by Jack Black to get me up there again.   :wink:  But actually, Weezer was pretty damn good. 

gimmetela

Quote from: VA slim on February 01, 2007, 02:49:26 PM
huh...

Quote from: rowjimmy on February 02, 2007, 08:30:12 AM
Sounds depressing.
go see live music.

yeah, i agree with rj, maybe you'll meet the girl of your dreams at bela fleck on V day...wouldn't that be sweet?

::takes off boot, vomits pink and red candy hearts into boot, puts boot back on::

antelope19

Quote from: gimmetela on February 02, 2007, 01:12:30 PM

::takes off boot, vomits pink and red candy hearts into boot, puts boot back on::

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:

mopper_smurf

Quote from: gimmetela on February 02, 2007, 01:12:30 PM

yeah, i agree with rj, maybe you'll meet the girl of your dreams at bela fleck on V day...wouldn't that be sweet?

Talking about the banjo: Mark Deffenbaugh plays pretty good banjo on "Heartbreak Hotel" on the forthcoming John Cale album Circus Live. Great version if you feel miserable on V-day ( my GF sighing in the background: OMG, not another John Cale live version of Heartbreak Hotel).
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

Bobafett

Hey I just want to let you know about a new band...Gunboat.  They only play around Mississippi right now, but they are about to blow up...also Boombox...Zion Godchaux, donna and keiths son, are playing some pretty good stuff with turntables and a guitar.  Oh yeah, and Galactic every chance i get!
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

kellerb