News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

moe.

Started by Casey Lenahan, September 08, 2007, 12:53:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casey Lenahan

So after not listening to moe for a while, I decided to download moes performances at moe down this year and i was pretty impressed to say the least. They actually changed up some of their jams, improved on some songs, they also found out that you dont always need to be raging your guitar and waiting for the right moment to fill in really does work. its still moe but if anyones interested in a change up, give it a shot.
I owe Aug $20

mopper_smurf

Going to catch them in November in Amsterdam. I've been emailing with Becca Childs Derhak quite regularly lately. Looking forward to it. moe.'s Warts & All Vol. 5 is a great live album IMO.

http://blogger.xs4all.nl/werksman/archive/2007/07/21/259561.aspx
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

antelope19

I was on a bit of a hiatus from these guys, but after seeing them at all good this summer, I have reconsidered.  They put on one hell of a show. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

Casey Lenahan

Quote from: antelope19 on September 23, 2007, 10:17:45 AM
I was on a bit of a hiatus from these guys, but after seeing them at all good this summer, I have reconsidered.  They put on one hell of a show. 

That is true. Out of the 40 some odd times I've seen them, never had a dull moment
I owe Aug $20

rowjimmy

Quote from: tehdead on September 23, 2007, 08:44:07 PM
That is true. Out of the 40 some odd times I've seen them, never had a dull moment
Try Vegoose '05 late night.

Damn those seats were comfy.

Casey Lenahan

I owe Aug $20

Blaise

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 23, 2007, 10:00:50 PM
Try Vegoose '05 late night.

Damn those seats were comfy.

Thats too funny.

They actually featured improv in their songs and it wasn't all guitar wankery? Who knew they could do that? I still don't know how they can book radio city for nye two years in a row.

rowjimmy

it's not all wankery... sometimes.
I had seen a great moe. show earlier in 05 so I figured that i'd go to the latenight show @ vegoose.

Note to self: the alladin theater is a good place to nap.

antelope19

Quote from: antelope19 on September 23, 2007, 10:17:45 AM

Hmmmm...I didn't mean all the time, I meant at All Good this summer.  I actually walked out of a show early in Richmond at the Landmark in '03 when I was living there.  Thats about when the hiatus began.  They are not always on by any means, but that night at All Good was a fun one.  And musically speaking, at least in my opinion, they were "on" that evening in the mountains. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

woodsyn2o

higher ground

Wed 4/1
moe.

Thu 4/2
moe.

peace
woodsy

WhatstheUse?

Summercamp 08: LSD induced enjoyment and dancing @ moe. 

Boston 08: walked out early, one of the most boring shows i've ever seen

Lesson: Don't always trust what you hear on drugs.
Bring in the dude!

westcider

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on March 22, 2009, 07:01:33 PM
Summercamp 08: LSD induced enjoyment and dancing @ moe. 

Boston 08: walked out early, one of the most boring shows i've ever seen

Lesson: Don't always trust what you hear on drugs.

at Summer Camp in '03, the first night I had an MDMA induced great time, and thought that after five years I had finally become a moe. fan.  the next night, I was straight and walked out of one of the most boring shows I had ever seen.  so I got that same lesson, all in one weekend.

the whole sequence repeated itself at Summer Camp '04, except with a tornado stuck in the middle somewhere (that was a seriously fucked up night!).  it was impressive that moe even played a second show, but it was still boring.

Summer Camp '05 I worked backstage, and witnessed moe being stuck-up primadonna cunts and treating their help like absolute shit.  I can understand being a little bit of a dick when someone fucks up or tries to be a fanboy at the wrong moment, but this wasn't like that at all.  it was completely uncalled for, and it happened all weekend.

I still kinda want to like moe.  I think Bullet and Kyle  on Wormwood are great songs, and The Conch has its moments.  I'll check out the stuff you guys have recommended here.

WhatstheUse?

What's with tornadoes at Summercamp?

Last year, on the final night, they came through the campgrounds with sirens and megaphones begging people to go to there cars immediately!

I learned 2 things that night:

1. lsd + tornado = me REALLY fucking scared  :-o

2. after listening to the radio in my car......the song Funkytown is one of the greatest songs of all time  :lol:
Bring in the dude!

westcider

that's what they told us at first in '04, then they straight up evacuated the place.  I drove 95 mph straight home, just barely ahead of the storm, with pitch black clouds and sky on my left, my right, and right behind me.  eventually a tornado touched down about a quarter mile to my left and I watched it suck up a chunk of small town for two minutes and disappear.

when we came back the next day they said one had gone right through the campground.

I don't remember my tornado safety training very well, but I think I remember them saying that staying in your car was a bad idea.  when I was spun and they told us to go to our vehicles, I felt like they had just signed everyone's death warrant.  they did it at setbreak, and then they sent out Native American rain dancers, which also gave me premonitions of Jay Goldberg-sponsored death.

then again, I don't know what else they could have done.  I'm sure that farmhouse doesn't have a basement big enough for 50,000 people.

where are you from that you are attending mini-fests in central illinois?  I'm in Bloomington myself.

oh yeah, and Funkytown is great.  I even like the Pseudo Echo synth version, which unfortunately was the first one I ever heard.

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: westcider on March 22, 2009, 08:23:02 PM

where are you from that you are attending mini-fests in central illinois?  I'm in Bloomington myself.

Bloomington, MN?

I'm actually from Eden Prairie, MN myself, near the bloomington border..
Bring in the dude!