News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

First Song at Hampton

Started by cactusfan, October 01, 2008, 06:28:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dylnthmsn420

keeb333

OK, so after going back and listening to Undermind again, I agree with whoever made this suggestion for both the reasons that it was never played live and the subject matter is pretty appropriate for the return.

"relocated, not retired, reprimanded and rewired"

Gumbo72203

oh damn, i never realized that line in there......   shit. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

blatboom

personally, I hope Undermind remains on the 0 live performances list.

I'm still holding out for End of Session.

mbw

my three picks

1. runaway jim- classic, crowd clapping build up/frenzy, allusions to getting back on the road, epic jam potential

2. dwd- with a stretched out trippy opening, allusions to being "sick" (4 years in my bed...?!?), rockin, epic jam potential

Quote from: G. Augusto on October 01, 2008, 06:54:49 PM
2001 with a 10 minute intro before Fish drops the beat.
Place would go ape.
a
qft

wild card:
Quote from: jasonsobel on October 01, 2008, 06:33:38 PM
Ha Ha Ha
a big ole mindf*cking..."gotcha"

TapHabit

the 2001 call would be epic for sure

Phunkaddict

Birds of a Feather are flocking outside! The song was written for this shit...

And The Light Is Growing Brighter Now

easts_vault

Without music we are just swimming in an ocean with no hooks.

sunrisevt

Has anyone suggested Wilson yet? A friend suggested it when we were pre-gaming last Saturday before Trey, and he made a really good case. Everyone (even most n00bs) would know it, and could chant, and... well, it's a short, sweet, crowd pleaser. We might hear more of Wilson than we could the 12/31/02 Piper...
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

Mr Minor

What I am curious about is the sound.  Will it be like post-haitus with the extended jams?  Or was that a result of drug usage by the band?  And if so, will it revert back to some of that tight-ass jamming of mid-90's that rocked our fucking socks off??  Or some new animal all of it's own?

mattstick

I think Wilson is a terrible call, personally.

sunrisevt

Yeah, I don't really care what tune it is--the fact a song gets played is all that matters to me. And the best I can hope for is simulcast, anyways. But I think there's a case for Wilson being a good settling-in song for an extremely amped-up crowd.
Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

gimmetela

Quote from: Mr Minor on October 24, 2008, 02:55:22 PM
What I am curious about is the sound.  Will it be like post-haitus with the extended jams?  Or was that a result of drug usage by the band?  And if so, will it revert back to some of that tight-ass jamming of mid-90's that rocked our fucking socks off??  Or some new animal all of it's own?

::hopes for some new animal all of it's own::

Gumbo72203

i think the ethos of PH will be retained, but merged with the performance ethos of pre-97.  They'll be out looking to blast peoples brains away with 20 minute jams, but I also think they'll be pulling out flawless performances of YEM, Reba, Divided Sky, Oh Kee Pa, etc. 

And given Trey's show from the Palace, his TONE IS BACK!!!!  no more of that garbage crap from August '04.  Like, his tone wasn't desireable in '03, but it seemed to get worse during August '04 in some instances, although there were many moments where his playing was able to transcend whatever tone he had. 

I'm wondering, though, what PH songs will remain in rotation. 

opening song predictions:

Ghost
Divided Sky
Maze
new song
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

tet

Quote from: tet on October 02, 2008, 12:06:22 AM
Ha Ha Ha > PYITE

but it should be YEM

i am amending that to:

Ha Ha Ha > Buried Alive
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish