News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

today, i hate:

Started by VA $l!m, May 16, 2005, 06:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Marmar on January 08, 2019, 03:57:06 PM
Today....today I hate needing to make hard decisions for myself and my direction moving forward. Life has a really funny way of taking things and forcing you to evaluate where you are on your journey, and where you need to go from where you are at. Sickness, loss, family, economics....its funny how you take these things for granted sometimes until you are forced to take a good hard look at yourself in the mirror and realize....

I am not well....physically or mentally.
I have lost my grandson, my wife, my child, and my family.
I am homeless.
My job doesnt pay me what I am worth.
I am at rock bottom...except for my health, there is nowhere to go except up.

Lets pray my health holds out long enough to right some wrongs.

:sigh:

vibes, brother. Chin up!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Marmar

Thanks Pie. Love ya man.
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

Buffalo Budd

You still have time bud, you can do this.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

pcr3

I am dealing with a clogged kitchen sink for the first time ever. Just made a trip to home depot to buy a 15 foot snake. I really don't want to call a plumber tomorrow morning. F.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

PIE-GUY

Quote from: pcr3 on February 22, 2019, 10:37:42 PM
I am dealing with a clogged kitchen sink for the first time ever. Just made a trip to home depot to buy a 15 foot snake. I really don't want to call a plumber tomorrow morning. F.

I know this sounds basic - but did you try just using a plunger?

pcr3

Quote from: PIE-GUY on February 22, 2019, 10:38:56 PM

Plunger > Pot of boiling water > Plunger > Pull off trap to check for clog > Baking Soda > Vinegar > Drain cap on for 20 minutes > Pot of boiling water > Snake about 6 feet down > Pot of boiling water > Baking Soda > Vinegar > Drain cap on for 20 minutes

About to drop another pot of boiling water, then snake it up to 15 feet. If that doesn't do it, I give up.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

birdman

Quote from: pcr3 on February 22, 2019, 11:36:04 PM

Plunger > Pot of boiling water > Plunger > Pull off trap to check for clog > Baking Soda > Vinegar > Drain cap on for 20 minutes > Pot of boiling water > Snake about 6 feet down > Pot of boiling water > Baking Soda > Vinegar > Drain cap on for 20 minutes

About to drop another pot of boiling water, then snake it up to 15 feet. If that doesn't do it, I give up.

sulfuric acid from Home Depot. Pour it in and leave the house for a few hours. It'll smell terrible but it'll unclog just about any blockage.
Paug FTMFW!

pcr3

Quote from: birdman on February 23, 2019, 01:29:14 AM

sulfuric acid from Home Depot. Pour it in and leave the house for a few hours. It'll smell terrible but it'll unclog just about any blockage.
that's not illegal?

mbw

Ever hear of Draino?

Baking soda and vinegar is fun for kids science projects but ain't gonna do shit on a clogged drain.

pcr3

Quote from: mbw on February 23, 2019, 03:23:54 PM
Ever hear of Draino?

Baking soda and vinegar is fun for kids science projects but ain't gonna do shit on a clogged drain.

Yeah, drano wasn't clearing this stuff.  It took a half hour of a professional snaking a 20 foot section of the run out to clear the clog.  All of the work I did ensured that the clog wasn't in the sink or the 15 feet of pipe out from the sink, which it apparently never was...

birdman

Quote from: pcr3 on February 23, 2019, 10:05:40 AM

that's not illegal?
for future reference...
it is safe to use with plastic piping. Sulfuric acid is very simple to use and will unclog a drain within an hour, usually within seconds if it's not completely plugged up. Sulfuric acid is naturally occurring and is sewer and septic safe as it is diluted in its journey down your pipes.
Paug FTMFW!

emay

Quote from: birdman on February 23, 2019, 04:22:11 PM

that's not illegal?
for future reference...
it is safe to use with plastic piping. Sulfuric acid is very simple to use and will unclog a drain within an hour, usually within seconds if it's not completely plugged up. Sulfuric acid is naturally occurring and is sewer and septic safe as it is diluted in its journey down your pipes.

Thanks! Going to try this in my bathroom sink

Buffalo Budd

that's not illegal?
for future reference...

Done it with positive results.
Don't like the smell or the effect it may have on the ecosystem but I can attest to it working.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

PIE-GUY

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 23, 2019, 07:31:49 PM

that's not illegal?
for future reference...

Don't like the smell or the effect it may have on the ecosystem but I can attest to it working.

Mr. Plow does more damage to the ecosystem than the rest of us combined.

pcr3

Quote from: PIE-GUY on February 23, 2019, 10:10:15 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on February 23, 2019, 07:31:49 PM

that's not illegal?
for future reference...

Mr. Plow does more damage to the ecosystem than the rest of us combined.

I am an idiot. Didn't even read my own sig before considering what  :sbw: offered as a solution...