News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-10-31 - MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV - Post Show Disscussion

Started by mistercharlie, November 01, 2018, 04:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

khalpin

Finally went through the playbill.....
Elektrisk Tung may or may not have reached its terminus when Hogset joined the Lutheran church and tossed many of the remaining LPs off--and also into--a fjord.  A warehouse fire in 1983 destroyed the remaining stock.
:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

Also, Mike's chording in Passing Through is fantastic.

cleech74

I purposely tried to no-spoiler myself for this one, and managed to do a pretty decent job of doing so. So, upon waking up this morning to learn about all the shenanigans involved in Phish pulling off the "trick aaanndd trick" prank, was pretty hilarious. Upon actually reading the "reviews", and hearing some of what was in the Playbill, definitely made me feel a bit silly, but enjoying being caught up in the prank. Re-listened to the set from the Live Phish mP3 source, since what I heard last night was from two different AUD sources, streamed thru mxlr. First one thru set one was decent, but I found a better one before set 2, and finished out the show with it. Quality sound, taboot. Being able to hear more of the lyrics when I re-listened today, there are some pretty funny, clever, puntastic, and also topical "ways of the crazy world we live in", and the more I listened, the more the Phish goofiness (that is often opined over) came shining thru. The band has out done themselves again, and reminded us of the core principles of the relationships they have with us fans. Also, at a time when there's been so much seriousness going on in US politics, it's a much needed reprieve from all that partisan nastiness.

After the 24hr rule, I look forward to some reviews of those 'Paugers (and friends of), who were in attendance.
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

mbw

Hicks

I also tried to do no spoilers but around 45 minutes into the set I deduced that it was a put-on and that these were in fact originals. I went ahead and joined the LST at that point. 

Was pretty confused for the beginning of the set though! 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

nab

nab

I hope my co-workers enjoyed the three times I played the second set back-to-back this morning. 

I know I did.

VDB

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 01, 2018, 08:12:42 PM

I can't recall ever seeing/hearing Trey use tapping like that before. I know he does hammer-ons a bit, but this? Just too metal-y for the normal Phish repertoire, or have I missed it?

* layman disclaimer; approach use of terminology with caution *
Is this still Wombat?

gah

Quote from: nab on November 01, 2018, 11:41:47 PM
I hope my co-workers enjoyed the three times I played the second set back-to-back this morning. 

I know I did.

Pardon the interruption of the post-show analysis, but that reminds me of a joke.

[joke]
My neighbors listen to really great music. Whether they like it or not, I don't know. :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
[/joke]

As you were. :mrgreen:
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

nab

Quote from: gah on November 02, 2018, 11:56:49 AM
Quote from: nab on November 01, 2018, 11:41:47 PM

I know I did.

Pardon the interruption of the post-show analysis, but that reminds me of a joke.

[joke]
My neighbors listen to really great music. Whether they like it or not, I don't know. :hereitisyousentimentalbastard
[/joke]

As you were. :mrgreen:

Glad you picked up on that as it was definitely implied.

Hicks

Quote from: VDB on November 02, 2018, 11:38:15 AM

I can't recall ever seeing/hearing Trey use tapping like that before. I know he does hammer-ons a bit, but this? Just too metal-y for the normal Phish repertoire, or have I missed it?

No he doesn't tap. I wonder if the hollow body of the doc really allows for it. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Hicks on November 02, 2018, 01:05:04 PM

I spoke to the Trey's Guitar Rig guy at Hampton after he got his walk through and played the 'Doc and all that. He says the action is REALLY high which would make tapping difficult.

pcr3

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 02, 2018, 01:37:17 PM
Quote from: Hicks on November 02, 2018, 01:05:04 PM

I spoke to the Trey's Guitar Rig guy at Hampton after he got his walk through and played the 'Doc and all that. He says the action is REALLY high which would make tapping difficult.

But the tapping referred to above is at the end of this song, when Trey is playing the white Strat.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

August

He's done tapping before in a few Wilsons.
Also 8/2/93 Mike's comes to mind.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.