News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

WOMEN!!!!

Started by antelope19, March 12, 2006, 06:20:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thechad

Quote from: nab on September 02, 2007, 08:48:51 AM

My wife and I have been together a total of five years, two of them married.  I gave up on her changing her mind on that subject a long time ago.

It's been about the same for me and my wife, two years in October, and she doesn't now and will never like Phish, Grateful Dead, any of it.  Tried for a little bit, but now she isn't having any of it.   So she gives me this time and she bought me a 60gig ipod so I can listen and not bother her with my "noise".
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

newplanet7

Quote from: nab on September 02, 2007, 08:48:51 AM

My wife and I have been together a total of five years, two of them married.  I gave up on her changing her mind on that subject a long time ago.
I hear you.
My wife went to 2 MMW shows with me and
hates them.
Quote from: phan003 on June 16, 2007, 01:41:44 PM
Funny would be applying super glue to your nuts and putting said nuts on her face.  Talk about "seeing the light" and remaining faithful to the indigo girls manifesto.  :wink: 

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 16, 2007, 10:33:26 PM
There's more airbrush on that shot than on a Peterbilt with a flame job.
:lol:

"Gus Johnson Got the key"

shoreline99

Quote from: thechadbaker on September 02, 2007, 11:19:07 AM
It's been about the same for me and my wife, two years in October, and she doesn't now and will never like Phish, Grateful Dead, any of it.  Tried for a little bit, but now she isn't having any of it.   So she gives me this time and she bought me a 60gig ipod so I can listen and not bother her with my "noise".

heh. sounds familiar... she ALWAYS checks the volume on the stereo now when she gets in my car and automatically hits the FM button. 20 gig ipod here ;)
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

sophist

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

rowjimmy

My wife likes the phish.
It's the big fests she doesn't dig on...

I'm not super broke up about that.

nab

Of course if she hates one of your favorite bands slightly less than the other, in my case she likes GD a lot more than Phish, then you can just inundate her with the one she hates for a while, and then she appreciates the other so much more.

newplanet7

Quote from: nab on September 03, 2007, 10:15:02 AM
Of course if she hates one of your favorite bands slightly less than the other, in my case she likes GD a lot more than Phish, then you can just inundate her with the one she hates for a while, and then she appreciates the other so much more.
Quote from: phan003 on June 16, 2007, 01:41:44 PM
Funny would be applying super glue to your nuts and putting said nuts on her face.  Talk about "seeing the light" and remaining faithful to the indigo girls manifesto.  :wink: 

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 16, 2007, 10:33:26 PM
There's more airbrush on that shot than on a Peterbilt with a flame job.

"Gus Johnson Got the key"

shoreline99

Quote from: nab on September 03, 2007, 10:15:02 AM
:beers:
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

Casey Lenahan

Quote from: nab on October 06, 2006, 01:09:36 AM
Women,

My wife hates phish.  She even went to the Island Tour, yes all four dates, and still gives me an evil look when I try to play a show while she is around.  I've tried to explain over and over again why I like Phish so much, but she doesn't hear it.  Fortunately she's really cool beside this major drawback. :-)

lol sounds like a familiar situation

my girl friend doesn't like phish either except for Divided Sky, but she likes moe better  :?

I owe Aug $20

nab

Quote from: tehdead on September 03, 2007, 06:17:06 PM
lol sounds like a familiar situation

my girl friend doesn't like phish either except for Divided Sky, but she likes moe better  :?

Too bad.

Bobafett

The trick to this whole thing is to not have a woman.  However, it leaves other things to bitch about....
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

nab

Quote from: Bobafett on September 04, 2007, 11:43:26 AM
The trick to this whole thing is to not have a woman.  However, it leaves other things to bitch about....

Things that are much worse than having to put on headphones. :-D

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

Casey Lenahan

Quote from: nab on September 04, 2007, 06:57:35 PM

Things that are much worse than having to put on headphones. :-D

nah i just keep playing it out load and hope that it may just stick into her head and eventually shell like it  :wink:
I owe Aug $20

sls.stormyrider

lemme guess - you're single :wink:
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."