News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Operation Every Phish Show HDD BP and other Every Show Discussions...

Started by mbwoellert41, March 27, 2010, 09:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

Quote from: whatapiper on June 16, 2011, 01:27:14 AM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on June 16, 2011, 01:25:07 AM
Quote from: CRAZYED on June 15, 2011, 07:05:45 PM
The phish harddrive I created does not have cover art for all shows. It does have art for some.  As time goes on it's possible it could be added.  But the main issue is when you add artwork to the coverart tag field for a show, it basically breaks the file set.  So if you are trying to keep everyone's phishvault sync'd up via a mechanism like bittorrent, the entire show needs to be reseeded.  When you update other tag's such as album, song title, track number etc, all the connected peers only have to redownload 3-4%.   If that makes sense.

i would never f with the lossless.  the mp3 however....

if someone can fill a pc version of the mp3 i want to get on it soon.
thanks.

I am about to get an all mp3 drive from Ed as well, once that happens I'll be glad to fill

nice.  a 1TB should do it, right?

whatapiper

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on June 16, 2011, 01:30:33 AM
Quote from: whatapiper on June 16, 2011, 01:27:14 AM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on June 16, 2011, 01:25:07 AM
Quote from: CRAZYED on June 15, 2011, 07:05:45 PM
The phish harddrive I created does not have cover art for all shows. It does have art for some.  As time goes on it's possible it could be added.  But the main issue is when you add artwork to the coverart tag field for a show, it basically breaks the file set.  So if you are trying to keep everyone's phishvault sync'd up via a mechanism like bittorrent, the entire show needs to be reseeded.  When you update other tag's such as album, song title, track number etc, all the connected peers only have to redownload 3-4%.   If that makes sense.

i would never f with the lossless.  the mp3 however....

if someone can fill a pc version of the mp3 i want to get on it soon.
thanks.

I am about to get an all mp3 drive from Ed as well, once that happens I'll be glad to fill

nice.  a 1TB should do it, right?

indeed
We are all and we are all we are
Far flung bits of Sun and bits of Stars
From the  ocean from the land from the
beginning to end
Backwards forwards back toward
we belong

mbw

nice.  payday (friday) cant come soon enough.

whatapiper

Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on June 16, 2011, 01:33:55 AM

you have some time, I still need to empty one of my extra drives and send it off to WI.
beginning to end
we belong

mbw

Quote from: whatapiper on June 16, 2011, 01:35:51 AM
Quote from: mirthbeatenworker on June 16, 2011, 01:33:55 AM

you have some time, I still need to empty one of my extra drives and send it off to WI.

i say that for many different reasons....

whatapiper

don't we all, well...except I get paid on Tuesdays, which can be pretty rough at times after a weekend
beginning to end
we belong

CRAZYED

whatapiper glad you are digging it.  Hopefully you can keep it up to date as well now with the new system :)

Whenever you are ready for the mp3 msg me before you ship. Thxs
-Ed

CRAZYED

Anyone who has gotten a copy of the drive I put together in the past 5 years please send me a PM with your email address so we can get you synchronizing updates.

AfterMidnight

Can anyone B&P on this? I have a TB drive (mac formatted) ready to go. I'd be happy to return the favor for someone else.

fsfang2

I am really thinking about the complete MP3 HDD.
What size do I need and is anybody willing to help out?

Please.  :rockout:

khalpin

Quote from: fsfang2 on August 23, 2011, 03:52:27 PM
I am really thinking about the complete MP3 HDD.
What size do I need and is anybody willing to help out?

Please.  :rockout:
It's around 600Gb currently.  PM me if you need one filled.

CRAZYED

My mp3 vault is up to 655gb.  If khalpin can get you B&P'd, once you get your drive back send me a PM with your email and I will make sure you are connected to sync all the future updates.

spaced

Sooo.... my 2TB external just died after only 6 months, taking at least a third of my collection with it, which was only about 300 shows to begin with. Since I've got a shiny new (and empty!) replacement drive coming to me shortly, I figure now is the ideal point to ask for one of these B&Ps if anyone has the time.

I'd really prefer lossless, and 3.0 isn't a priority, but I'm not one to look a gift HD in the mouth and will happily take whatever I can get. And of course I'd be more than happy to spread the phishy goodness around and fill many more B&Ps in the future.

fsfang2

I am on my way to Phish heaven thanks to Kevin!!! Can't wait for the drive to arrive @ home and read from the goddamn BOOK and pick out a new show each night. :music:

THANK YOU KEVIN!!!!!!!!

Superfreakie

spaced - if whatapiper can't filll this I can, he got his from mine. Mine is all original filesets and multiple sources for every night (shn and flac) and a 2 TB would cover it all. And there will be no 3.0 cause I only collect 3.0 "good shows" and "stellar recordings". But I live in Canada so best hit up whatapiper first. (reduced shipping cost)
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.