News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

'Paug Parents!

Started by newplanet7, June 10, 2007, 09:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

birdman

Quote from: khalpin on September 29, 2018, 05:15:29 PM
Quote from: Caravan2001 on September 29, 2018, 05:05:40 PM
Quote from: antelope19 on September 29, 2018, 04:54:43 PM
Quote from: birdman on September 29, 2018, 05:57:24 AM
Quote from: antelope19 on September 28, 2018, 09:58:58 PM
We had a Halloween trial run at our house recently.
Too cute. You are truly right in the thick of it, Neely.
Good luck.

Yup, and Thank You! A friend recently referred to it as the "Dog Days" of parenting.

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on September 29, 2018, 04:13:51 PM
Man, the whole 1 - 5 age is just the freaking best. We just registered our youngest for kindergarten and I know it's only a matter of time before they develop an attitude and I'm not cool anymore.  :|
Speak for yourself....Age 3 is fucking terrible.  :hereitisyousentimentalbastard

That said, I wouldn't trade it for anything

I agree with Budd.  While age 2-3 can be tough as hell while you are in it, in hindsight it seems like a breeze compared to what I am dealing with now with 8 and 11.
When mine were around that 2 and 4 age, I would often reminded myself that in thirty years I'll probably look back and say that that was the happiest time in my life.
my youngest will be heading out to college in less than a year. I'd give anything to go back and do it all again. Enjoy every minute
Paug FTMFW!

Buffalo Budd

I was always that guy who didn't want kids.
Now I tell my wife I would be totally psyched if she had a set of twins and i'm 41 FFS.
She thinks I've lost it.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

antelope19

Nailed it. Even Santa looks pissed.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.

khalpin

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard

mbw

3 days into the neverending "why?" stage and am about to fucking lose it.

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: mbw on November 25, 2018, 07:55:13 PM

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gah

Quote from: antelope19 on November 24, 2018, 08:58:02 PM
Nailed it. Even Santa looks pissed.

Quote from: mbw on November 25, 2018, 07:55:13 PM

Hilarious!
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mattstick

We got a legit Santa this year (excuse the watermark).

mbw

Speaking of Santa, we have been debating whether or not to go through that whole charade.  Anyone else tell their young kids the truth about Santa?

pcr3

Quote from: mbw on November 26, 2018, 01:15:59 PM
Speaking of Santa, we have been debating whether or not to go through that whole charade.  Anyone else tell their young kids the truth about Santa?

Not yet, and my kids are 9 and 6.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: pcr3 on November 27, 2018, 12:14:27 PM

Not yet, and my kids are 9 and 6.

It's as much fun for the parents I think. My parents didn't keep it going too long, maybe for religious reasons, not sure.
Now that elf on the shelf shit has got to go.  :samurai:

mehead

Let them figure it out on their own. They will eventually figure it out. Just be on the lookout when one of them figures it out first and then yaps their gums to the kid who still believes.
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

kellerb

I don't remember ever believing in Santa.  I don't think my parents ever said anything one way or another.  I definitively don't remember "Finding out Santa isn't Real."

ON THE OTHER HAND

I got in SO MUCH SHIT with the wife last year b/c I didn't want to take bites out of cookies to leave on a plate xmas eve.  I'm not going to touch that subject again...........With a thirty-nine-and-a-half-foot pole.

anthrax