News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/02 - Red Rocks - Morrison, CO - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Poster Nutbag, August 03, 2009, 01:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Igbo

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 03, 2009, 07:48:55 AM
Quote from: RabeldyNugs on August 03, 2009, 05:29:08 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 03, 2009, 05:21:53 AM
Fuck calling openers:

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 02, 2009, 08:16:49 PM
Kreutzmann sit-in. You heard it here.

Also:
Quotenugsnet Page just came in and asked for the lyrics to "Roses Are Free." I said "How bout Life On Mars?" and he said "That's a taller order."
about 1 hour ago

Someone's got 'an in'.  Good call man.  And this beats the hell out of calling any opener!

Nope. I just put 2+2 together...

okelnard

Well, I left the livesetlist thread before it all finished...  good looking stuff, but no GD tune; okay, maybe Billy just said "play what you want, I'll find my way" or something like that.
  I had to go read up on it and then of course throw some +k around since it was thrown around after I left.  SF I gave you your 100!  I'm DLing it now from etree. 
Wish I had been there.  Hopefully, the boys are fully loosened up now and can just GET IT ON for another 10+ years and write some new face melters and leave some of the shwag on the cutting room floor.  I only heard a few bits on the stream, some of which was a sick sounding vocal jam out of YEM so that is promising...

Llama opener sometime before this tour ends... come on, Phish!  I would enjoy it if they did a repeat trick of the 6/26/94 show and did a full gamehendge and a full new album set, but I'm not gonna hold my breath for sure... okay, enough ramblings, I'll have to give this show a listen and give my armchair q-back review...  come on boys, set up a tour that includes Texas again!!!! 
"What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on here?" - Taggart

"We liked number 217."  - Trey

"If you think you know what the hell is going on, you're probably full of shit."  - Robert Anton Wilson

Igbo

Does anyone else find it interesting that Billy sat in on 8/2 and not 8/1? Or would that have been too obvious?

PIE-GUY

just started in - on GBOTT right now. Won't get through the show before leaving for work, unfortunately.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mistercharlie

Just woke up, and burned the second set to cd to listen to on my way to work. Taylorc was the man this weekend!!! the shows have been up by 3:30 most nights. If Taylor has a 'paug account, I'd like to pass him some +k.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: Igbo on August 03, 2009, 09:30:21 AM
Does anyone else find it interesting that Billy sat in on 8/2 and not 8/1? Or would that have been too obvious?

I'm thinking Billy just wasn't in town.
He has a gig tonight in Boulder.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: Igbo on August 03, 2009, 09:30:21 AM
I was expecting them to have some kind of nod to Jerry on 8/01 - having Billy K 8/02 is better than a tease or cover.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

CatchYourBreath

Quote from: Mistercharlie on August 03, 2009, 09:42:00 AM
Just woke up, and burned the second set to cd to listen to on my way to work. Taylorc was the man this weekend!!! the shows have been up by 3:30 most nights. If Taylor has a 'paug account, I'd like to pass him some +k.

agreed! big thanks to TaylorC this weekend!!

rowjimmy

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 03, 2009, 10:55:26 AM
Had to start on set two.
The Jam out of Boogie On is great.
That Jam is friggin' sweet. I drove to work lisening to it, and was unneeded there today so I came back home to listen to the rest of Set II. Then I'll get around to set I later tonight.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Igbo

Quote from: Mistercharlie on August 03, 2009, 11:48:20 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 03, 2009, 10:55:26 AM
Had to start on set two.
The Jam out of Boogie On is great.
That Jam is friggin' sweet. I drove to work lisening to it, and was unneeded there today so I came back home to listen to the rest of Set II. Then I'll get around to set I later tonight.

:beers:

jedifunk

quick review:  sweet show... smooth set 1... set 2 was boogie on!  then it was brought to you by album undermind.

i think thats the only thing that billy knew... still fun though.
Much Respect
(the other resident mac guy) [macbook air]
"Good Funk, real funk is not played by four white guys from Vermont.. If anything, you could call what we're doing cow funk or something.."
- Trey Anastasio

rowjimmy

Quick & dirty notes...
Really liked the second set from last night's show.
Boogie On went into a great rock jam.
YEM is simply a strong version.
Undermind is pretty cool with Billy.
> Drums: short & simple.
Seven Below is good with some cool jamming
2001 has some cool jamming but it's not stretched out too much
Waves is nice.
Zero rocks. hate on haters.
At the end of Zero, they did introduce Billy Kreutzmann, btw.

Encore is made better than "eh" with a good version of Slave.

willsteele

I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

blatboom

Quote from: willsteele on August 03, 2009, 02:07:50 PM
Am I the only one that digs Undermind?

the song or the album?  the song seems to be a big hit with most..