News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

8/05/2017 - MSG, New York, NY - Post-Show

Started by mistercharlie, August 05, 2017, 11:24:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

havent heard any of this show yet, but soley 'on paper'---wow. Foreplay/longtime bustout alone...
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mbw

Quote from: VA $l!m on August 06, 2017, 04:49:21 PM
havent heard any of this show yet, but soley 'on paper'---wow. Foreplay/longtime bustout alone...

the Boston/Cream mashup is totally nailed and worth the listen.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: mbw on August 06, 2017, 04:59:11 PM

yes
Love the Tales of Brave Ulysses tease - kinda wish it was more than a tease but I'll take it
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

rowjimmy

Quote from: slslbs on August 07, 2017, 09:45:44 PM

yes
Love the Tales of Brave Ulysses tease - kinda wish it was more than a tease but I'll take it

Me too.
That was the Cream song that I was puling for all day.

pcr3

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 08, 2017, 08:30:10 AM

yes

Me too.

That's funny.  Trey teasing that is what put it over the top for me, and I lost all control of myself for the rest of that segment.  That is also when I lost my voice.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

WhatstheUse?

Absolutely love the Boston/Cream segment. Pure exaltation.

I'll never forget watching the crowd during the "I'm just taking my time.." breakdown section. White lights... EVERYONE clapping along. Pure enjoyment and happiness on 20,000 faces. I will not forget that moment.
Bring in the dude!

ph92

Quote from: pcr3 on August 09, 2017, 12:20:48 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 08, 2017, 08:30:10 AM

yes

Me too.

That's funny.  Trey teasing that is what put it over the top for me, and I lost all control of myself for the rest of that segment.  That is also when I lost my voice.
I kept getting thrown off in disbelief honestly. I kept thinking to myself "wait this is not how this song goes... HOLY FUCK!"  this logic loop repeated a few more times.

As for the rest of the show... The Ghost was definitely my personal highlight. They took this one slow and let it build organically. This one was non stop. I've been loving how they've really gotten comfortable with letting things unfold through the run rather than rushing and ripchording everything.

The Jibboo was an absolute dance fest, they killed this one, follows suit to naturally letting things unfold and just testing the new waters they've uncovered. Total groove, and perfect for the first set as the jam was light and fun. The comfort that the BD offered really speaks miles in these shows. 

Although Light, the song, sucks. This jam was pretty cool too. I like the tension building near the end, unfortunately they didn't release like they could have, but I still think it was solid.

Quinn was worth mentioning, Plasma bust out! (with killer jam, and pushed the set pretty late time wise).
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

WhatstheUse?

So I'm pretty much a fan of Petrichor at this point. There's some sophisticated stuff going on, kudos to Trey for putting in the effort on this one. I love those classical sounding guitar passages. It lacks "The Peak" that most basically every other composition has so there's no big payoff, but.... the jam is pretty nice either way.
Bring in the dude!

susep

Been on a Gamehendge kick recently, went back to hear The Lizards.  Ouch!  Trey completely blew this song.  Don't get me wrong I love this run and they played some really good stuff however I can't believe how bad they botched Lizards.  Trey sounds absolutely horrible when comping behind Page and, he blows most of his arpeggios.  Also their background harmonies are non-existent.   

mopper_smurf

Quote from: susep on March 13, 2018, 11:19:23 AM
Been on a Gamehendge kick recently, went back to hear The Lizards.  Ouch!  Trey completely blew this song.  Don't get me wrong I love this run and they played some really good stuff however I can't believe how bad they botched Lizards.  Trey sounds absolutely horrible when comping behind Page and, he blows most of his arpeggios.  Also their background harmonies are non-existent.   

Yes. That was brutal.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy