News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-10-31 - MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV - Post Show Disscussion

Started by mistercharlie, November 01, 2018, 04:33:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

Quote from: VDB on November 17, 2018, 10:28:13 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on November 17, 2018, 09:02:32 AM
Quote from: VDB on November 17, 2018, 07:13:21 AM
We Are Come to Outlive Our Brains is my current favorite song from this batch. It's so lovely.

I really like that one too, but I gotta say that my favorite is Death Don't Hurt Very Long. I love that tune.

I was listening to the set this morning and after I posted, DDHVL came on and I was like "jk this might be my favorite."

Yeah, that's the best of em and has potential for a nice dark jam.

WhatstheUse?

I'm so on board with these songs. Literally, all ten of them.  Never have I fully embraced a group of new tunes like these since..... Farmhouse.

I can't get " We are Come to Outlive our Brains" out of my head for the life of me. Stray dog is gonna be the new mixolydian rocker. Play by Play has huge dark jam potential and the song itself reminds me of the Talking Heads. Cool amber and Mercury is gonna groove for days. Passing Through will cover the same ground that CDT and Kill Devil Falls has... Death Don't Hurt Very Long is gonna go deep as fuck. Dirty and grimey. Turtle in a the Clouds captured us from its first notes. That shit is gonna get groovey. I'm very interested to hear Trey actually play guitar during the initial sections of that song. And last but surely not least. M'f'n SANTOS. If I had to pick a favorite, I think this is it. This is what space smells like. Enough said.
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 16, 2018, 05:55:02 PM
I’m so on board with these songs. Literally, all ten of them.  Never have I fully embraced a group of new tunes like these since..... Farmhouse.

I can’t get “ We are Come to Outlive our Brains” out of my head for the life of me. Stray dog is gonna be the new mixolydian rocker. Play by Play has huge dark jam potential and the song itself reminds me of the Talking Heads. Cool amber and Mercury is gonna groove for days. Passing Through will cover the same ground that CDT and Kill Devil Falls has... Death Don’t Hurt Very Long is gonna go deep as fuck. Dirty and grimey. Turtle in a the Clouds captured us from its first notes. That shit is gonna get groovey. I’m very interested to hear Trey actually play guitar during the initial sections of that song. And last but surely not least. M’f’n SANTOS. If I had to pick a favorite, I think this is it. This is what space smells like. Enough said.

Truer words were never spoken. I listen to this set ALL THE TIME now. It's the first thing I've burned to CD for my car in awhile. I usually just plug in my phone, but for this one I wanted it to always be in there and ready to go.

And the CD is, of course, simply labeled "Kasvot Vaxt  'i rokk'" with the appropriate accent marks.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mbw

Quote from: mistercharlie on December 16, 2018, 07:52:26 PM
I'm so on board with these songs. Literally, all ten of them.  Never have I fully embraced a group of new tunes like these since..... Farmhouse.

I can't get " We are Come to Outlive our Brains" out of my head for the life of me. Stray dog is gonna be the new mixolydian rocker. Play by Play has huge dark jam potential and the song itself reminds me of the Talking Heads. Cool amber and Mercury is gonna groove for days. Passing Through will cover the same ground that CDT and Kill Devil Falls has... Death Don't Hurt Very Long is gonna go deep as fuck. Dirty and grimey. Turtle in a the Clouds captured us from its first notes. That shit is gonna get groovey. I'm very interested to hear Trey actually play guitar during the initial sections of that song. And last but surely not least. M'f'n SANTOS. If I had to pick a favorite, I think this is it. This is what space smells like. Enough said.

Truer words were never spoken. I listen to this set ALL THE TIME now. It's the first thing I've burned to CD for my car in awhile. I usually just plug in my phone, but for this one I wanted it to always be in there and ready to go.

And the CD is, of course, simply labeled "Kasvot Vaxt  'i rokk'" with the appropriate accent marks.

Pffft.  I bought the actual CD.

VDB

I can't get " We are Come to Outlive our Brains" out of my head for the life of me.

This has been the story of my life since November started.
Is this still Wombat?

mistercharlie

Quote from: mbw on December 16, 2018, 08:59:41 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on December 16, 2018, 07:52:26 PM

Pffft.  I bought the actual CD.

How did I not know that was an option!?!  :clap:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

nab

I can't get " We are Come to Outlive our Brains" out of my head for the life of me.

Sometimes I cure this, and wait excitedly, by listening to the 11-01 Harry Hood. 

mistercharlie

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

VDB

Quote from: August on November 02, 2018, 06:01:50 PM
He's done tapping before in a few Wilsons.
Also 8/2/93 Mike's comes to mind.

5/8/93 Bowie perhaps?
Is this still Wombat?

gah

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

WhatstheUse?

Damn, that was pretty awesome. Also thiss..

Quote from: PIE-GUY on February 08, 2019, 10:57:47 AM
People have too much time on their hands. Good lord.
Bring in the dude!

Caravan2001