News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-12-29 - MSG - NY,NY - Post Show Discussion

Started by anthrax, December 29, 2018, 11:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

12-29-18
MSG
NY, NY

I:  Buried Alive, Blaze On, Turtle in the Clouds, Sloth, 46 Days>Cities, Corrina, Ya Mar, Wolfmans>Party Time Jam>Wolfmans

II:  Carini>Tweezer>Death Don't Hurt Very Long>Tweezer>No Quarter, 2001, 1st Tube

E:  Shine a Light, Tweezer Reprise

anthrax

show was fire from the first note.  46 days raged.  sloth and cities had a little dust.  wolfmans was fantastic.  and the 2nd set was as good as it gets.  like hicks said in the lst, if the kasvot songs are the new piss songs, sign me up and buy me some diapers.

VDB

I didn't couch tour but twitter loved this show. I'm pumped to be getting up at 5:30 to fly to NYC tomorrow!
Is this still Wombat?

ytowndan

I missed the first set, but set two was fantastic.  It's been a while since I've been excited to get caught up on a first set!   

Stray thought: I hope the Kasvot album will have more staying power than Chilling/Thrilling.  I think most of those songs got played more than once (a few never saw life past Halloween, right?) but, in the end, only a few really stuck, which was a bummer.  But this one feels more like a "real" album, so, hopefully, they'll mostly make it into the regular lineup. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

WhatstheUse?

Hot damn. That really was just about as good as it gets. That tweezer was something else. F'n loving the Halloween tunes!!!!!
Bring in the dude!

mistercharlie

Quote from: ytowndan on December 30, 2018, 12:24:17 AM
I missed the first set, but set two was fantastic.  It's been a while since I've been excited to get caught up on a first set!   

Stray thought: I hope the Kasvot album will have more staying power than Chilling/Thrilling.  I think most of those songs got played more than once (a few never saw life past Halloween, right?) but, in the end, only a few really stuck, which was a bummer.  But this one feels more like a "real" album, so, hopefully, they'll mostly make it into the regular lineup.

The Kasvot set is more akin to the Wingsuit set, with better songs. Only 3 of the songs from the Wingsuit set never saw the light of the stage again.

edit to add:Coincidentally, those same three songs that they have never played since 10/31/13 are the same three songs that didn't make it onto the Fuego album.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

I definitely think all the kasvot songs will stay in rotation. All 4 played so far this run have gotten a huge response from the crowd. I'm guessing they'll continue with 2 per night. Can't wait for the NYE Santos jam!
Bring in the dude!

emay

Stoked to give this tweez sandwich a listen. Looks killer!

birdman

2 set was the real deal for sure. I kept hearing hints of IKY Rider as the tweezer jam
Picked up steam and powered through to the peak. And Man did it ever peak hard. I live for that fucking shit. Actually felt like the whole tweezer->death don't sequence had a real Dead feel to the jamming, at least to
My ears anyway. The peeps around us on the floor were getting the fuck down. Absolute dance party in the round room. Can't wait to do it again tonight  :wtu: :samurai: :rawk:
Paug FTMFW!

pcr3

Tremendous flow last night. Still reassembling my brain.

Fucking Turtle in the Clouds. And Wolfman's Party. And Tweez Don't Hurt Very Long.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Hicks

Yeah definitely heard an IKR jam in Tweezer too, for a second I thought Trey might even start singing it. 

Pretty much a perfect show IMO, they tore it up last night. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

pcr3

Quote from: Hicks on December 30, 2018, 11:55:12 AM
Yeah definitely heard an IKR jam in Tweezer too, for a second I thought Trey might even start singing it. 

Yes and yes.

I could feel the northbound train chugging. Sadly, I am on one now and will have to be content with one show. But that show...12 more hours until I can discuss it for real.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

Hicks

Quote from: pcr3 on December 30, 2018, 12:42:25 PM
Quote from: Hicks on December 30, 2018, 11:55:12 AM

Yes and yes.

I could feel the northbound train chugging. Sadly, I am on one now and will have to be content with one show. But that show...12 more hours until I can discuss it for real.

I think you did it right, gonna be hard to top last night. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mistercharlie

This show fuckin' RAWKS! I can't wait for Turtle In The Clouds to become a monster jam vehicle, it has the potential. That Wolfman's Party Brother is a funkin' good time. And I don't even have the words to describe the Tweez Don't Hurt Very Tweez... That shit is fantastic! The rest of set II is not to be missed either, but that sandwich was SPICEY!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

cleech74

Listened to most of set 1 last night, but called it a night during set break. Woke up this morn, and saw what I missed by going to bed early. Can't wait to give set 2 a spin, and from what I've read so far, sounds like a monster. They are firing on all cylinders, and I'd imagine the next two nights to be the same. Totally loving where they are as a band, right now. To all the show goers, enjoy it, have safe travels to & from MSG, and have a HNY! :phish:
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon