News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

"Helping Phriendly Book" - Just Received in the mail

Started by JelloJigglers, September 01, 2009, 12:11:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JelloJigglers

Just showed up at my doorstep.... Well, You can Imagine

I just got Unit Monster'd.

I can't wait to read this book, and show it off to all the noobs like the douchebag Dready loser at Hampton and all of Tour telling people that he'd trade the book for a ticket. I won't trade the book, but I'll read it, and somehow convince famous mockingbird to fly me out to King Wilson's castle for a confrontation.

mistercharlie

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

whyweigh5.0

It's an illustrated childrens book from the early 80's.  Supposedly about lizards and stuff, even has a king wilson so I heard
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

VA $l!m

Quote from: Mistercharlie on September 01, 2009, 01:57:09 PM
Are you talking about the old setlist file? from the rec.phish.music days?

i still got my printed out version. things a monster. and a pink and blue monster at that! :evil:
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

PIE-GUY

Quote from: VA slim on September 01, 2009, 02:04:20 PM
Quote from: Mistercharlie on September 01, 2009, 01:57:09 PM
Are you talking about the old setlist file? from the rec.phish.music days?

i still got my printed out version. things a monster. and a pink and blue monster at that! :evil:

I've got a version I printed in 1994, I think. Had it spiral bound at the copy store on campus!
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mattstick

He is talking about Well You Can Imagine, you guys are talking about a setlist book.

Please tell me you didn't pay money for Well You Can Imagine.

whyweigh5.0

Recently someone posted up the email for the guy who published it.  People bought up all that was left and now the guy is printing more

he is charging $30 a pop
The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over. - Hunter S. Thompson
http://liquidgoggles.blogspot.com/

mistercharlie

Quote from: whyweigh4.0 on September 01, 2009, 02:03:01 PM
It's an illustrated childrens book from the early 80's.  Supposedly about lizards and stuff, even has a king wilson so I heard

Ser? What's the book's real name?

And how is it after nearly 17 years of being a phan, is this the first I've heard of it?
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

Quote from: mattstick on September 01, 2009, 02:09:38 PM

He is talking about Well You Can Imagine, you guys are talking about a setlist book.

Please tell me you didn't pay money for Well You Can Imagine.

In that case, he is talking about the "Helping Friendly Book," not the "Helping Phriendly Book." It's an easy mistake. A rookie mistake, but an easy one, nonetheless.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mattstick

Quote from: whyweigh4.0 on September 01, 2009, 02:10:49 PM
Recently someone posted up the email for the guy who published it.  People bought up all that was left and now the guy is printing more

he is charging $30 a pop

::shakes head::

mistercharlie

I found a thread from last year that sheds some light on the book. I don't know how I missed this thread the first go 'round.

http://week4paug.net/index.php?topic=10118.0

blatboom

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

VDB

Quote from: mattstick on September 01, 2009, 02:13:41 PM

Quote from: whyweigh4.0 on September 01, 2009, 02:10:49 PM

he is charging $30 a pop

::shakes head::

Or, you could buy it used off Amazon for $368.82.   :-o
Is this still Wombat?

shoreline99

From PT:

QuoteI emailed this guy: mhicprod@hotmail.com

who wrote back:

We are a clearing house and a few first edition copies of Well, you can imagine, are still available in new condition. They ship from Ireland at a cost of US$30 which includes air post and handling. You can pay through PayPal to sohuigin@eircom.net (this is an account address only). You will be informed when your payment is received and your book is shipped. If you don't have a PayPal account Google them and follow instructions. Thank you.

edit: i know nothing about this, so do so at your own risk...

original post: http://www.phantasytour.com/phish/boards_thread.cgi?threadID=2004049
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.