News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

"new" MMW album Free Magic

Started by mattstick, September 04, 2012, 10:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

MMW dip into their archives to present a collection of recordings documenting their first-ever acoustic tour in 2007. The set, stretching out over five expansive tracks, captures the three intrepid improvisers exploring the telepathic hookup and deep groove sensibility that has defined MMW since its inception in 1991.

Track List:

Doppler
Blues For Another Day
Free Magic/Ballade in C minor, 'Vergessene Seelen'
Nostalgia In Times Square/Angel Race
Where's Sly

Pre-order site:
http://medeskimartinandwood.shop.musictoday.com/Dept.aspx?cp=124_58056

mopper_smurf

Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

gainesvillegreen

Is that Ballade in C minor an original?

ETA: Nevermind.

.....before segueing to Medeski's Chopin-influenced "Ballade in C Minor."
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

mopper_smurf

My review copy should be here any day now  :rockout:
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

rowjimmy

Did anyone ever get this record?
I pre-ordered it, there were "delays", nothing...

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 18, 2012, 03:17:56 PM
Did anyone ever get this record?
I pre-ordered it, there were "delays", nothing...

I got this Dec 15

QuoteThank you so much for ordering Free Magic on vinyl; we love vinyl and we're very excited to offer our new release in a superior format. Unfortunately, we've run into major delays. You may have heard about how the Beatles albums are being reissued on vinyl, just in time for the holidays, and you may have also heard about the subsequent back up at the very few US vinyl manufacturing plants. This has caused many small labels' releases to be extremely delayed. Well, that's exactly what's happened to us with Free Magic.

We can't apologize enough!

We've been trying to get a ship date from the plant, but they haven't been able to promise anything. We're as disappointed as you are. However, you WILL get your order, we promise. We worked hard to make the quality of the vinyl stellar and we won't rest until it's in your hands. Hopefully, it won't be long now.

Thank you for your support and patience!

Much Love & Happy Holidays,
Team MMW"
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy

On the line with MusicToday now.
My Order Number doesn't bring up anything when I try to pull it up on the web so I picked up the phone and have suffered through a ton of DMB hold music.
Indistinguishable from muzac aside from the shit vocals.

ETA:
Much horrible music and a chat with a nice lady with a VA country accent later and I have gotten verbal confirmation that the mutherfucking Beatles are fucking our shit up from the grave.
Good news is, she upgraded my cheap ass to overnight shipping which means some dude will drive it up to my house after work once they finally have records to ship out.

Superfreakie

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 18, 2012, 03:29:01 PM
My Order Number doesn't bring up anything when I try to pull it up on the web so I picked up the phone and have suffered through a ton of DMB hold music.

ETA:
Much horrible music and a chat with a nice lady with a VA country accent later and I have gotten verbal confirmation that the mutherfucking Beatles are fucking our shit up from the grave.
Good news is, she upgraded my cheap ass to overnight shipping which means some dude will drive it up to my house after work once they finally have records to ship out.

Here we go!!!! The long awaited sequel has arrived!!!!!!!!

Glider'd, Part Deux.

FEATURING THE ELEVATED HOPES AND CRUSHED EXPECTATIONS YOU'VE COME TO KNOW AND LOVE!!!
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

mbw

susep

here is a recent email from said cs:
Greetings,

Thank you so much for ordering Free Magic on vinyl; we love vinyl and we're very excited to offer our new release in a superior format. Unfortunately, we've run into major delays. You may have heard about how the Beatles albums are being reissued on vinyl, just in time for the holidays, and you may have also heard about the subsequent back up at the very few US vinyl manufacturing plants. This has caused many small labels' releases to be extremely delayed. Well, that's exactly what's happened to us with Free Magic.

We can't apologize enough!

We've been trying to get a ship date from the plant, but they haven't been able to promise anything. We're as disappointed as you are. However, you WILL get your order, we promise. We worked hard to make the quality of the vinyl stellar and we won't rest until it's in your hands. Hopefully, it won't be long now.

Thank you for your support and patience!

Much Love & Happy Holidays,
Team MMW

sophist

Quote from: Superfreakie on December 18, 2012, 08:15:58 PM

ETA:

Glider'd, Part Deux.

FEATURING THE ELEVATED HOPES AND CRUSHED EXPECTATIONS YOU'VE COME TO KNOW AND LOVE!!!

:hereitisyousentimentalbastard
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

gah

Quote from: sophist on December 19, 2012, 03:29:57 PM

ETA:

Glider'd, Part Deux.

This should be entertaining!  :-D
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own.

mopper_smurf

Quote from: goodabouthood on December 19, 2012, 04:33:49 PM
Quote from: sophist on December 19, 2012, 03:29:57 PM

ETA:

Glider'd, Part Deux.

This should be entertaining!  :-D

This kid will show up sooner or later ...

Twitter | FB | Instagram

Buffalo Budd

Just got my shipping notice today.
It's en route.  :beers:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

rowjimmy