News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

"Cute" story why phish will return...

Started by Blaise, November 06, 2006, 11:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blaise

I saw this on the lowdown(sts9 messageboard) and although its second hand most of the shit that gets posted on there is from primary sources(that doesn't mean I read it on PT so it must be true). Plus, the story is "cute" and gives you a good feeling about the possibility of phish returning. Without further ado, ...

"A friend of mine went to the new opening of twist and shout last week, a dope record store in Denver, check it, and was there to meet Trey.  She said there was a 7 or 8 year old kid in front of her in line with all of these phish cd's and had a phish shirt on, she was talking to him and said he was the coolest little kid ever, and when it was his turn in line to meet Trey he straight up asked him "am i ever going to get you see play with mike, page and fish again?" trey cracked the biggest smile, grabbed the little kid by the arm and leaned over the table and whispered in his ear "you will." he gave the kid his tshirt and cd's back all autographed out and said hope to see you soon little man.  this is all i can fucking think about. its driving me crazy. straight from the horses mouth."

rowjimmy

Yup.
Even The Eagles got back together...

Cute story, indeed, tho.
+k

sophist

its not on PT because the people involved actually have a soul and have the ability to properly interact with their fellow man/woman
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

ucusty

cant wait for those $85 face tickets...  not to mention all the brokers will have them all

August

i always got plenty of that veggie press for trade,
a

rowjimmy

Kind veggie pressies go fast like french toast pizza on a cold hampton lot...

CRAZYED

Sweet story if its true.  Thats what its all about ya know, seeing the music.  Most of us were lucky enough to see phish, some of us many times pre & post haitus.  Think of all the kids/people that never got that chance.  Either they were too young or just didnt "get it" yet.  All this hate you see on most boards towards noobs and people who didnt see msg 95, only saw a post haitus show or something silly like that.  These new comers dont even care how good or bad phish may be if they do come back, but just that chance to see them once is all they need, feel that energy and crowd roar when those lights go down.  Hopefully this kid gets his show.

rowjimmy

sophist

Quote from: CRAZYED on November 07, 2006, 08:02:00 AM
Sweet story if its true.  Thats what its all about ya know, seeing the music.  Most of us were lucky enough to see phish, some of us many times pre & post haitus.  Think of all the kids/people that never got that chance.  Either they were too young or just didnt "get it" yet.  All this hate you see on most boards towards noobs and people who didnt see msg 95, only saw a post haitus show or something silly like that.  These new comers dont even care how good or bad phish may be if they do come back, but just that chance to see them once is all they need, feel that energy and crowd roar when those lights go down.  Hopefully this kid gets his show.

^well said.

K+
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

sls.stormyrider

agreed.
stories like this show what kinda guy Trey really is, as opposed to celebrity "rockers" and their bodyguards/posses.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

kellerb

sophist

:lol:
and he is the product of fungus  :evil:

http://cannabisculture.com/articles/3136.html

^this cracks me up everytime

nab

Quote from: phan003 on November 07, 2006, 11:53:37 AM

I saw that yesterday.  Cracks me up too.  I decided to use the picture of Santa in the psychedelic robe, with the two guys floating around around him holding the hand fulls of shrooms, as my wall paper for a while.

Edit:

Phan, I noticed in your lastfm signature that you were listening to Stevie Wonder.  Was it from that 1-31-74 boot that was seeded on TD a while ago?

jephrey

Isn't there any of us who can be like a broker?  Can we somehow work together to gobble up a load of tix and distribute them to week4paug members at only a tiny increase that would logically go to tet to keep this site going?  I'm talking about for any band.  How do I become a broker?  Do you have to know someone inside to get tix right away?  With all of us nuts here, we gotta have someone who can do something.  I mean, if I had broker skills, I'd definitely sell here first at maybe 5-10% increase to donate to this site.  Then I'd know that some cool people were getting tix at reasonable prices...

J
There are 10 types of people in this world.  Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

sophist

Quote from: nab on November 07, 2006, 12:36:31 PM
Quote from: phan003 on November 07, 2006, 11:53:37 AM

I saw that yesterday.  Cracks me up too.  I decided to use the picture of Santa in the psychedelic robe, with the two guys floating around around him holding the hand fulls of shrooms, as my wall paper for a while.

Edit:

Phan, I noticed in your lastfm signature that you were listening to Stevie Wonder.  Was it from that 1-31-74 boot that was seeded on TD a while ago?
yes that was the show I was groovin out to last night