News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

07/30 - Red Rocks - Morrison, CO - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Undermind, July 31, 2009, 01:33:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprobeck

Quote from: RabeldyNugs on July 31, 2009, 03:21:47 AM
Stash was about 19min, well almost and Ghost clocked in at 18, so not bad for 1st show of the tour I guess.  My ears will be the judge.  Nothing however, jumps out at me when reading the setlist.

One question though:
Was it raining all night or did it break during divided sky, like in '93?  Just curious if the weather had an effect on the show....
:phish:

The rain held off thankfully. It was cool though. Glad I remembered my jacket! The only thing that was weird about the event was that Entrance 1 was completely closed off so they had us park in some huge fields right by Entrance 2. I'd never parked there in 11 years of going to shows at the Rocks.  I got the last space in a shuttle bus that took me to the top but it was a one-way ticket so I had to walk back to my car when the show was over and it took me 1 hour!! That was a long walk. Glad I had my new key chain LED flashlight!
fresh back from the mental institution and FEELING FINE!!!!!!!!

thechad

Set I is up on No Spoilers now. Nevermind, they're doing differently, set I is broken up into at least three parts, don't know how many there are going to be?
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

thechad

I don't know about the no spoilers for this show, the torrent at any rate, part 1 is just a single track and it's mostly pre-show crowd and the first part of DS.  It being as late as it is, it might be fixed by morning when you "normal" folks are getting ready for work and the like or just get the megaupload.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

Gol D. Roger

,,Teenage Dreams, So Hard To Beat"

easts_vault

Without music we are just swimming in an ocean with no hooks.

rowjimmy

Also, I edited the setlist. Page on Piano for Horse (!?!?!) deserved an annotation.

mattstick

okelnard

I'll try to jump back into the fray tonight...  This one looks good on paper; only one new song and a nice twist to the silent.  BB was busted out for the first time since 07/23/03!  Not sure if that is good or bad, I haven't listened to any version of that song in quite a while. 
I suppose tonight will bring a TTE to close out the first set.  :rawk: But redemption in 2nd with YEM...
"What in the wide, wide world of sports is going on here?" - Taggart

"We liked number 217."  - Trey

"If you think you know what the hell is going on, you're probably full of shit."  - Robert Anton Wilson

easts_vault

Quote from: mattstick on July 31, 2009, 08:46:52 AM
Quote from: easts_vault on July 31, 2009, 08:08:41 AM
...meh... I hope today is better

lol

But then again it is :phish: playing at RR. I hope that they enjoyed being back there. Haven't got a chance to listen to the show yet, prolly get to it after work, I hope.
Without music we are just swimming in an ocean with no hooks.

rowjimmy

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 31, 2009, 08:20:03 AM

Also, I edited the setlist. Page on Piano for Horse (!?!?!) deserved an annotation.

Upon listening... Page isn't really taking Trey's part on that.

blatboom

rowjimmy

PIE-GUY

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mattstick

Show was sick, best second set since 10/7/00.

Some flaws here and there with some of the more difficult passages, but the jams were creative and very Mike-oriented.

Mike sporting a new 'do was nice and present in the mix.

Very thematic jam in the Ghost, definitely jamming over one chord progression for a while, could have been a tease but I couldn't place it.

First set was a warm-up - standard but not exceptional, but the Stash was close to being a monster, unique jam for sure.

The locals think they own the venue here it's stupid, people were harassing us because we wouldn't let 15 people stand in a space large enough for 5 people - lots of drunks spilling beer and being chatty on phones, especially in the first set.

Obviously the sickest outdoor venue there is, acoustics are mind blowing, the surroundings are awe inspiring.

Lots of fake tickets on the lot, one guy was selling a stack of fake mailorders for $50.

All my running training paid off in the sprint to the GA seats, I pwn'd that shit.

Hard to imagine they'll top that song selection in the second set tonight or the rest of the run really, that's how much I enjoyed it.

Undermind

Trey at Darien Music Center on 8/13/09 while paying respect to Les Paul
Quote...and hopefully we'll be playing well into our nineties and hopefully you guys will be there too

Phish Video Collection Blog