News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

08/02 - Red Rocks - Morrison, CO - Post-Show Discussion and Review

Started by Poster Nutbag, August 03, 2009, 01:54:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poster Nutbag

8-2 Red Rocks - Morrison, CO

Set 1: Roses are Free, Wilson, NICU, Prince Caspian, Back on the Train, Reba, Grind, Beauty of a Broken Heart, Sample in a Jar, Sugar Shack, Waste, Kill Devil Falls

Set 2: Boogie On, You Enjoy Myself > Undermind* > Drums* > Seven Below* > 2001*> Waves*, Character Zero*

E: Bittersweet Motel, Bouncing Around The Room, Slave To The Traffic Light

*-w/Bill Kreutzmann
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

Poster Nutbag

Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

ytowndan

Did he leave the stage for 2001, or is the setlist just missing the * next to it? 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Declan

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

WhatstheUse?

Woohoo! Roses are Free opener!

I can't wait to hear that 2nd set!  :-o
:wtu:

Bring in the dude!

Superfreakie

Quote from: ytowndan on August 03, 2009, 02:05:53 AM
Did he leave the stage for 2001, or is the setlist just missing the * next to it? 

Missing star, he played through to the end of set.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

Superfreakie

For me a set is a trip, a voyage. When there are too many pauses between songs, this continuous flow is ruined. It's like someone driving stick and popping the clutch all over the place, its jarring to the senses. These I like > , tremendously. As someone already said, does it take a member of the Dead to finally coax out a truly cohesive set from the boys? I hope this was another comeback page turned. I look forward to reading reviews from those who were in attendance at this four night stand, seems like there was a fair amount of face melting and magic to around. Wonderful. You fortunate souls.
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

thechad

"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

thechad

"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

Superfreakie

Quote from: thechad on August 03, 2009, 03:50:29 AM
And now it's up on etree.

Thanks, dling now but get some sleep dude. It's 4am where you are and I know because you're just below me; although now we must listen to the show before going to bed.  :wink:

rowjimmy

Fuck calling openers:

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 02, 2009, 08:16:49 PM
Kreutzmann sit-in. You heard it here.

Also:
Quotenugsnet Page just came in and asked for the lyrics to "Roses Are Free." I said "How bout Life On Mars?" and he said "That's a taller order."
about 1 hour ago

RabeldyNugs

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 03, 2009, 05:21:53 AM
Fuck calling openers:

Also:
Quotenugsnet Page just came in and asked for the lyrics to "Roses Are Free." I said "How bout Life On Mars?" and he said "That's a taller order."
about 1 hour ago

Someone's got 'an in'.  Good call man.  And this beats the hell out of calling any opener!
I'm dead sober right now, but when I try to read that Gumbo post, I swear to god it feels like I am tripping face.

http://www.phishhook.com/lists/RabeldyNugs

Gol D. Roger

,,Teenage Dreams, So Hard To Beat"

mehead

2nd set looks like a a smoker on paper..besides the usual suspects I'm looking forward to Broken Heart...really liked the Hampton version
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

rowjimmy

Quote from: RabeldyNugs on August 03, 2009, 05:29:08 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 03, 2009, 05:21:53 AM
Fuck calling openers:

Also:
about 1 hour ago

Someone's got 'an in'.  Good call man.  And this beats the hell out of calling any opener!

Nope. I just put 2+2 together...