News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Muslim Children Gassed at Dayton Mosque

Started by bluecaravan521, September 29, 2008, 10:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

while watching that video i stumbled onto this one

I feel some people shouldn't be able vote.
Modern day civilization has complicated things ...
sad it has to be this way
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

sophist

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 29, 2008, 03:20:00 PM
1 in 10 Americans isn't that small a number.

I can drive 10 minutes from my house and recruit a shopping mall full of people who believe this stuff.
I'm glad that your experience is dissimilar but I don't you are surrendering yourself to the actual numbers.
1/10 are far right wing?  I'm just trying to clarify that statistic.  Where did you find that if I may ask? 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

sophist

Quote from: twatts on September 29, 2008, 03:19:12 PM
Quote from: Sophist on September 29, 2008, 03:05:43 PM

I'd argue most republicans are conservative, while most conservatives aren't republican.  Conservative is a wider description than republican. 

That means there will be Republicans, that are perfectly capable of terrorism, that are not conservatives. 

I think that was the earlier point, that there are people, that vote Republican, that are willing to commit terrorist acts.  McCain doesn't suggest these actions, but the idea that there are parts of the "Republican Party" (however officially or unofficially) that would suggest these actions, and that reflects upon the entire party.  Sure McCain has nothing to do with this action, but he will be the one to bear the brunt of the criticism. 

Its circumstantial inference, but when a staunchly right-wing political action committee releases a DVD incited violence towards a certain part of the citizenry, either the Republican leadership has to publicly distance itself, or normal people will (however incorrectly) associate that committee to the party. 

All that being said, there are just as many "liberals" willing to commit terrorist acts...  Probably more so, just because of the definition of their politics...

Terry

point taken. 
Quote from: bluecaravan521 on September 29, 2008, 07:38:27 PM
Quote from: Sophist on September 29, 2008, 11:26:38 AM
How do you know they were McCain supporters  :?
Yes, this incident sucks, but seems like biased reporting in that implication. 

Yo Sophist- I didn't write that article, it was just the only one I could find on the web about it.  I'd have to agree that the people behind this being McCain supporters doesn't mean that McCain has any connection to it...however I would have to say the conservative media vastly has increased fear of Muslims, and IMHO I think it more likely that the people behind this were part of a tiny tiny tiny minority of conservatives.  The quoted part of what I posted was not the actual article, that was a quoted part from the article (you'll see what I mean if you go to original page).

Thanks for finding the original article Mr. Minor
I know you didn't write it.  I'm bulimic so I read your mind  :wink:

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

rowjimmy

Quote from: Sophist on September 30, 2008, 08:26:45 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on September 29, 2008, 03:20:00 PM
1 in 10 Americans isn't that small a number.

I can drive 10 minutes from my house and recruit a shopping mall full of people who believe this stuff.
I'm glad that your experience is dissimilar but I don't you are surrendering yourself to the actual numbers.
1/10 are far right wing?  I'm just trying to clarify that statistic.  Where did you find that if I may ask? 

No. 1 in 10 Americans believe that Obama is a Muslim. This is per a Pew Poll cited in the video that I posted.

sophist

sorry.  didn't watch the video, I will check it out. 

mattstick

I'm sure 1 in 10 Canadians believe something weird but I really find that shocking.  I also find the lead story in this thread shocking. 

So who can tell me more about this DVD that was circulated?  On the weekend my local newspaper came with a copy of The Hockey News...

twatts

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 30, 2008, 08:35:12 AM

No. 1 in 10 Americans believe that Obama is a Muslim. This is per a Pew Poll cited in the video that I posted.

Oh that's nothing!  People will believe all kinds of ridiculous things...

http://www.washtimes.com/news/2004/feb/16/20040216-113955-2061r/

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

sophist

Quote from: twatts on September 30, 2008, 09:39:41 AM

Terry

careful, those are the stories that insight RJ rants...

rowjimmy

Quote from: Sophist on September 30, 2008, 09:45:28 AM
Quote from: twatts on September 30, 2008, 09:39:41 AM

Terry

careful, those are the stories that insight RJ rants...

Incite, even.

Sorry, I don't read that moony fishwrap.