News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Pwning of the Year.

Started by sophist, July 15, 2009, 11:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophist

Quote from: blatboom on July 15, 2009, 01:38:17 PM
Quote from: Sophist on July 15, 2009, 01:31:40 PM
Quote from: blatboom on July 15, 2009, 01:24:20 PM
Gumbo spanked Brospeck pretty good a while back... not even sure where to begin to look for that one.
Gumbo'd

wow.  I forgot all about that thread.
I just reread the whole thread, pretty funny. 
Quote from: goodabouthood on July 15, 2009, 01:41:32 PM
Gumbo spanked Brospeck pretty good a while back... not even sure where to begin to look for that one.
Gumbo'd

That was kind of amusing really, the whole discussion about being stupid if you have an addiction.
I would go with mind blowing. 

Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

redrum

Quote from: Bobafett on July 15, 2009, 12:12:10 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 15, 2009, 11:31:47 AM
"August's Rift" should win by a mile.

tru dat...no one can get pwnd like that.

That was pretty DYNOMITE!
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

Lifeboy

Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

mbw

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on July 15, 2009, 11:31:47 AM
"August's Rift" should win by a mile.

Gumbo guessing the entire catalog is a strong runner up

rowjimmy

Quote from: Sophist on July 15, 2009, 01:50:31 PM
Quote from: blatboom on July 15, 2009, 01:38:17 PM
Gumbo'd

wow.  I forgot all about that thread.
I just reread the whole thread, pretty funny. 
Quote from: goodabouthood on July 15, 2009, 01:41:32 PM
Gumbo'd

That was kind of amusing really, the whole discussion about being stupid if you have an addiction.
I would go with mind blowing. 

That thread has much pwnership.

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 24, 2009, 08:01:44 AM
Quote from: sprobeck on March 23, 2009, 10:14:19 PM
Quote from: rowjimmy on March 23, 2009, 09:05:44 PM
Spro, denial ain't just a river in Africa.
It's not denial really it's just that believing that someone you love won't do what you want them to because they have a drug problem or because they don't get along with someone is easier to take than thinking that it's just because they don't want to.  I'm glad that Trey and Phish want to again and are back at it. It makes no difference to me what drugs they are or aren't on as long as they play great music. I'm sure they feel the same way.

Dude, you denied the known facts of the hiatus & breakup as well as the well known rift between Lesh & Weir.

Quote from: sprobeck on March 23, 2009, 05:27:56 PM
I'm not sure how true that is. I thought that Trey went into rehab for Coke in 2000 but not positive. When they stop playing together it's probably more about how the music is or how the business is than their drug habits. With the Dead for instance, I don't buy it that the guys wanted to play with other people because they couldn't get along. They toured together for 30 years! Makes much more sense that it was about the music not sounded good or them not selling enough tix.

In fact you just defined denial:
"It's just believing something that isn't true but is easier to stomach."

Quote from: redrum on March 24, 2009, 12:50:39 PM
Quote from: sprobeck on March 24, 2009, 12:46:22 PM
I don't know, I've never done H but I don't think it's that hard to sound like you're on drugs:phish:

you're seriously proving your own point.
  :-D

Poster Nutbag

QuoteSuperfreakie, however, deserves full credit for the Pwning of the Year.
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

blatboom

any and all discussion from the Poliw00k board should be immediately disqualified from the running.

sophist

Quote from: blatboom on July 15, 2009, 11:38:13 PM
any and all discussion from the Poliw00k board should be immediately disqualified from the running.
I disagree.  Superfreakie and Faux wasn't political, it was a matter of Superfreakie thoroughly explaining reality to Faux.   
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

blatboom

Quote from: Sophist on July 15, 2009, 11:42:08 PM
I disagree.  Superfreakie and Faux wasn't political, it was a matter of Superfreakie thoroughly explaining reality to Faux.   

meh.  I disagree with both of them and Superfreakie's post was very underwhelming to me.  I hate the poliw00k board and I would have been blissfully ignorant of the whole exchange if not for the link to the thread.

sophist

Quote from: blatboom on July 15, 2009, 11:57:57 PM

meh.  I disagree with both of them and Superfreakie's post was very underwhelming to me.  I hate the poliw00k board and I would have been blissfully ignorant of the whole exchange if not for the link to the thread.
yeah, I like it better too when we keep the talk to how we be robbing mother fuckers through internet fraud. 

kellerb

Quote from: Sophist on July 16, 2009, 12:05:15 AM

yeah, I like it better too when we keep the talk to how we be robbing mother fuckers through internet fraud. 

Hate the playa, not the game

Poster Nutbag

I find your opinion on this here matter to be of bias, and your ruling should be held in contempt and disqualified...
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

blatboom

Quote from: Poster Nutbag on July 16, 2009, 11:51:24 AM

I find your opinion on this here matter to be of bias, and your ruling should be held in contempt and disqualified...

you got me there.

*iDYNAMITE!* wins anyway.

mattstick

Me, PWNing the week4paug C.R.E.A.M FBB league

blatboom

Quote from: mattstick on July 16, 2009, 12:35:14 PM

Me, PWNing the week4paug C.R.E.A.M FBB league

that 2.5 game lead ain't what it once was..