News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

GDead Thread

Started by VA $l!m, August 26, 2005, 06:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

natronzero

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 13, 2017, 06:38:54 AM
Quote from: mattstick on November 12, 2017, 09:37:18 PM

Charlie Miller dropped a bunch of stuff this weekend, including this...

QuoteGrateful Dead - August 19, 1989
Greek Theatre - Berkeley, CA
University of California
(Isoltaed Feed From Bobby's Guitar)

Recording Info:
SBD -> Cassette Master (Sony TC-D5M/TDK MA-XG90)

Transfer Info:
Cassette Master (Nakamichi CR-7A) > Tascam DA-3000 (DSF 1-bit/5.8 MHz) >
KORG AudioGate 4 > Samplitude Pro X3 Suite > FLAC/16
(1 Disc FLAC)

Recorded by Don Pearson
Transferred by Charlie Miller
charliemiller87@earthlink.net
November 11, 2017

Notes:
-- This is an isolated stereo feed from Bob Weir's guitar patched off the board
-- The crew recorded the isolated feed to check for distortion

JUST WEIR

Weird

I'd rather dwell in some dark holler where the sun refuses to shine, where the wild birds of heaven can't hear me when I whine.

Caravan2001

Quote from: mattstick on October 24, 2017, 08:05:36 PM

Dave's 25 is 11/6/77, subscriptions for next year are up... 7" sub is up too.

Can we please start a petition for a moratorium on '77 shows?  I mean, enough is enough :-(.

Also, the Dave's Berkeley '72 sounds superb.  Easily one of the best Dave's they put out thus far.  So damn good.

mistercharlie

Anyone remember reading about Brent's Solo album recorded in '82?

https://www.relix.com/articles/detail/the_other_side_brent_mydlands_unreleased_solo_album

Well, I don't know where it came from, but I found it on one of my older external HD's last night. I had the album five years before this article was written. It's pretty good. I'm not sure if I ever gave it a listen before.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on November 20, 2017, 05:50:43 AM

https://www.relix.com/articles/detail/the_other_side_brent_mydlands_unreleased_solo_album

Well, I don't know where it came from, but I found it on one of my older external HD's last night. I had the album five years before this article was written. It's pretty good. I'm not sure if I ever gave it a listen before.

That set of tunes has circulated for a long time. Good stuff.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on November 20, 2017, 08:26:56 AM
Quote from: mistercharlie on November 20, 2017, 05:50:43 AM

That set of tunes has circulated for a long time. Good stuff.

Yeah, today alone I've listened to it three times. Once driving to work, once during work, and then again for my drive home. The rest of my day was spent listening to Cornell '78 and Nassau '90. It was a good day.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

susep

rnilt:

Not a huge latter day Dead fan, listening to more and enjoying it.  This Feel Like A Stranger opener is great.

Hicks

Randomly saw that Road Trips Vol. 1 No. 2 October 77 was available again on dead.net and ordered it and it came with the bonus disc, sweet!
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

mattstick

VA $l!m

saw our local dead cover band the Jerry Pranksters last night. i love these guys.
they were missing one of two regular guitarists i think but they still pulled off a super groovy show.
musta been the bobby dude missing cause the entire first set was Jerry dead tunes AFAIK and the second set was entirely JGB tunes.
both sets  just had everyone blissed out.
i'm usually super cynical about cover bands but these guys have been around forever and really can take you 'there'.
I totally didn't plan on staying as long as i did but when the  2nd set started with a HArde rthey come, and then don't let go totally space jammed out, strugglin' man, DEar friggin prudence --------
--GAAAAAAAAHHHHHH! :-D
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mistercharlie

Picked this guy up for my desk at work today for $7.

Now all I need are Jorts Bobby, Headband Phil and the Coked-Up Billy and Mickey combo pack.

Buffalo Budd

L'il Jerry looks like he's been hitting the gym.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

Were they ever here at all?

https://didyouhearwhatijustheard.tumblr.com

A tumblr of venues the Grateful Dead played.

Caravan2001

VA $l!m

the Fillmore East is a.... bank, lol.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

sls.stormyrider

What I would give to have seen a show there
Any show
Any artist

Must have been amazing
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."