News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

'The Hobbit'

Started by mistercharlie, October 17, 2010, 08:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Quote from: PIE-GUY on October 18, 2010, 05:27:05 PM
Quote from: willsteele on October 18, 2010, 05:15:49 PM
I just hope its not in 3d.  That shit gives me a headache.

The chance of this movie not being 3D: Zero-Point-Zero.

If they film in 3d it'll be ok. It's the 2d -> 3d conversions that blow mules. For this reason the next Harry Potter will not see initial release in 3d.

VDB

God I can't wait for this 3D fad to pass. I personally boycott 3D films. It's really just for the industry to rake in more revenue. What is it, higher ticket prices plus having to pay extra for the glasses? No thanks. The first and only 3D film I saw was Phish 3D -- something I made a special exception for.

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 18, 2010, 05:26:26 PM
Quote from: willsteele on October 18, 2010, 05:15:49 PM
I just hope its not in 3d.  That shit gives me a headache.

The whole thing is being filmed with 3D cameras. They may also release a 2D version though.

I'm sure they will. Seems like most releases these days come in both flavors. (Except, well, Phish 3D, of course...)
Is this still Wombat?

twatts

Quote from: ytowndan on October 18, 2010, 12:37:20 AM
I need to put this book on my to-do list.  I'm not sure how I managed to go this far in life without reading it, but I hear I'm missing out.

Dooood!!!  I've read the entire series about 20 times over the years...  You need to read it!

Terry
Oh! That! No, no, no, you're not ready to step into The Court of the Crimson King. At this stage in your training an album like that could turn you into an evil scientist.

----------------------

I want super-human will
I want better than average skill
I want a million dollar bill
And I want it all in a Pill

Lifeboy

I am disappointed with myself that I have somehow never read The Hobbit, so I ordered a used copy today from Amazon for $0.10!
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

ytowndan

Quote from: Lifeboy on October 20, 2010, 12:51:40 AM
I am disappointed with myself that I have somehow never read The Hobbit, so I ordered a used copy today from Amazon for $0.10!

It's nice to know I'm not the only one.  Perhaps I'll do the same. 
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

Lifeboy

Quote from: ytowndan on October 20, 2010, 02:47:15 AM
Quote from: Lifeboy on October 20, 2010, 12:51:40 AM

It's nice to know I'm not the only one.  Perhaps I'll do the same.

$4.00 including shipping....can't beat it!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0345296044/ref=sr_1_10_olp?ie=UTF8&qid=1287557358&sr=8-10&condition=used
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

emay

Peter jackson looks like a psycho in that pic

Hicks

It's much more of a "kid's book" than the LOTR trilogy, but still a great read.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Hicks on October 20, 2010, 11:44:41 AM

True. Having read it a bunch of times, I told the story to my daughter as a series of bedtime stories last year...

willsteele

^^  Good idea! 

I have a box set (somehwere at my parents house) of the Hobbit and LOTR.  Gotta find it and have it available for when my son is ready for it.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

shoreline99

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

willsteele

YES.   Watched this so many times.  Very dark and evil feeling to it.
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

sprobeck

I even had the soundtrack. Used to sing along with it. I liked the Gobblins songs the best!!  :rawk:
fresh back from the mental institution and FEELING FINE!!!!!!!!

khalpin

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 20, 2010, 12:03:10 PM
Quote from: Hicks on October 20, 2010, 11:44:41 AM

True. Having read it a bunch of times, I told the story to my daughter as a series of bedtime stories last year...
I was planning on doing that myself.  How old is(was) your daughter?  And did it keep her interest?

mistercharlie

Quote from: sprobeck on October 21, 2010, 12:38:29 PM
I liked the Gobblins songs the best!!  :rawk:

That song's rawesome!
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens.