News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Game of Thrones

Started by cactusfan, December 07, 2010, 03:50:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthrax

that was unbelievable!  i've been thinking about last nights episode all day long.

remind me again the history between the hound and the mountain?

mistercharlie

That was pretty awesome! I'm trying to remember who prophesized Eastwatch crumbling into the sea (can't even remember if it was just in the books, or if it was mentioned in the show).

Finally some Jon and Dany action (no homo)!!

Quote from: anthrax on August 28, 2017, 08:07:32 PM
remind me again the history between the hound and the mountain?

They are brothers and the Mountain is the older brother who always tourtured the Hound. He even held his face to a fire giving him that fucked-up face.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

WhatstheUse?

Quote from: VA $l!m on August 28, 2017, 03:16:29 PM
Quote from: WhatstheUse? on August 28, 2017, 01:42:35 PM
For some reason, I thought this was the final season. I didn't realize there was another until just now.

So.... I was really confused after watching the last episode when things didn't exactly get resolved.

But now that I know that.... I'm excited.
still cant believe there is only 1 'short' season left.
this season already seemed to rush through events, and i can't fathom how 7 eps or whatver it is left can resolve everything.
regardless, its gonnna be a loooong wait til next year. hope i make it, lol.

I'm glad it's not just me.

Felt like they carefully, and methodically strung together all these intricate story lines that took 6 seasons to play out.... then all of a sudden everything this season was so rushed!

Seems  like they spent their money/time on the FX/CGI this season rather than other aspects...
Bring in the dude!

WillBreathes

I liked how the Hound said, "you know who's coming" to the Mountain.

I'm willing to bet the Hound has seen fire visions his entire life, saw how his brother dies, and this is why his face was pushed into the fire.
tipsyfuddledboozygroggyelevatedprimedidedither

aphineday

Holy shit the finale was dope. That scene at the Wall is still just blowing my mind.
As for the Jon/Dany thing, I mean if you watched the little "Inside the Episode" thing, Weiss talks about the scene and why it's meant to make you feel all those emotions. At the end of the day though, I think it might make them a little skittish for a bit, but Jon is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne, and Dany is going to be his queen.
Now this of course is pure speculation, but I can't wait until they kill Cersei. I may watch that scene on repeat for the first few days.
If we could see these many waves that flow through clouds and sunken caves...

ytowndan

I'm still hoping to see Arya kill Cersei.  Maybe she can use Littlefinger's face to gain inside access to King's Landing.   
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

VDB

Quote from: ytowndan on August 29, 2017, 10:44:11 AM
I'm still hoping to see Arya kill Cersei.  Maybe she can use Littlefinger's face to gain inside access to King's Landing.

Now this I like.
Is this still Wombat?

mistercharlie

Quote from: ytowndan link=topic=17313.msg820094#msg82v0094 date=1504017851
That's the something I was thinking, Dan.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

Quote from: mistercharlie on August 29, 2017, 11:36:20 AM

I love this idea but have to throw out a wrinkle...

Littlefinger's death was somewhat public. Now, is it possible that they don't hear about it in King's Landing?
Yes.
But, as he was Lord Protector of the Vale, and as succession is somewhat involved here, I think that his death will be a matter of record and so it won't be safe to wear that face.
They would have to have ordered his death kept secret which would seem a bit odd to the folks in the great hall at the time.

ytowndan

Good point.  I guess it would be a pretty big gamble, now that you mention it.  That's a pretty large group of people to expect to keep a secret like that.
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

GBL

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 29, 2017, 12:05:22 PM
Quote from: mistercharlie on August 29, 2017, 11:36:20 AM

I love this idea but have to throw out a wrinkle...

Littlefinger's death was somewhat public. Now, is it possible that they don't hear about it in King's Landing?
Yes.
But, as he was Lord Protector of the Vale, and as succession is somewhat involved here, I think that his death will be a matter of record and so it won't be safe to wear that face.
They would have to have ordered his death kept secret which would seem a bit odd to the folks in the great hall at the time.

Agree with all of this.  Moreover, Arya is skilled enough, in my opinion, to sneak into King's Landing if she chooses, and can pick many a face to use when the time comes.

[spoiler]Maybe tie in two theories?  Use Jaime's face to kill Cersei after he is killed up north doing some heroic act to save someone important, like Aegon or Dany??[/spoiler]
If this is love, I'm never going home..

khalpin

Anyone else thinking Tyrion is stabbing Jon/Dany in the back and siding with Cersei?

GBL

Quote from: khalpin on August 29, 2017, 01:35:19 PM
Anyone else thinking Tyrion is stabbing Jon/Dany in the back and siding with Cersei?

Not me.
If this is love, I'm never going home..

VDB

I would also endorse that. End the series on a nihilist note. Things have been too straightforward recently.
Is this still Wombat?

khalpin

Quote from: VDB on August 29, 2017, 02:51:19 PM

I would also endorse that. End the series on a nihilist note. Things have been too straightforward recently.
Saying how much he loved Cersei's children, feeling guilty/regret about killing his father.  Then he finds out Cersei is pregnant and the scene ends (but not necessarily the conversation).  Now's his chance to do something right by his family?  Then Cersei comes out and says she'll help Jon/Dany (although that's a lie, just more scheming).  Then Tyrion is shown outside Jon/Dany's room later....possibly feeling guilty about turning on the ones he pledged his allegiance to.

Maybe?