News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

'Paug 2.0 - Please report bugs / errors / issues w/ new server here

Started by guyforget, June 03, 2011, 04:52:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PIE-GUY

Quote from: rowjimmy on December 21, 2015, 02:54:27 AM
Quote from: PGLHAH on December 20, 2015, 06:37:57 PM
Now I can't even attempt to attach on my iPad.

Well that's fucking weird.
I simply added "jpeg" to the allowed attachment extensions (which is obviously a problem created by iOS 9).

Now when I click the attachments etc llink the only options listed are "notify me of replies" and "don't use smileys"
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

rowjimmy

Quote from: PGLHAH on December 21, 2015, 08:30:16 AM
Quote from: rowjimmy on December 21, 2015, 02:54:27 AM
Quote from: PGLHAH on December 20, 2015, 06:37:57 PM
Now I can't even attempt to attach on my iPad.

Well that's fucking weird.
I simply added "jpeg" to the allowed attachment extensions (which is obviously a problem created by iOS 9).

Now when I click the attachments etc llink the only options listed are "notify me of replies" and "don't use smileys"

Totally have that option on my phone...
I'll check the iPad when I'm back in the states.

tet

So, our downtime for the past 24 hours had nothing to do with the massive DDoS that made the news yesterday - that was just a coincidence.  The quick-fix was trivial, but the longer-term fix for now is to disable some things on the backend, which could slow the site a bit.  If it's too slow for you guys, let us know and we'll see what other options we have. 
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

mistercharlie

Quote from: tet on October 22, 2016, 12:03:27 PM
So, our downtime for the past 24 hours had nothing to do with the massive DDoS that made the news yesterday - that was just a coincidence.  The quick-fix was trivial, but the longer-term fix for now is to disable some things on the backend, which could slow the site a bit.  If it's too slow for you guys, let us know and we'll see what other options we have.

I was wondering why a DDOS would strike our tiny community.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

mbw

tet

Quote from: mistercharlie on October 22, 2016, 03:46:52 PM
Quote from: tet on October 22, 2016, 12:03:27 PM

I was wondering why a DDOS would strike our tiny community.

we're hosted on a very popular east coast data center, which I'm sure uses L3 as at least part of their connectivity (they have many redundancies, they assured me!)
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

GBL

Has anyone been having any difficulty connecting to the site via mobile?

For the past two days I have not been able to load the site at all on my phone (I am currently using android 7.0.0 and chrome 56.0.2924.87).

If this is love, I'm never going home..

rowjimmy

I hadn't noticed anything.

Weird.
The ban I put in should be working on desktop as well as mobile.
:-P

mbw

Quote from: GBL on March 11, 2017, 10:44:20 PM

For the past two days I have not been able to load the site at all on my phone (I am currently using android 7.0.0 and chrome 56.0.2924.87).

I have a similar thing the past two days.  My phone will load the site on wifi, but not data.
Its just this site.  Weird, right?

rowjimmy

What provider do you guys use?
There are IPs banned. I'll dig in and see if the one GBL posted is among them.

mattstick

mbw

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 12, 2017, 03:41:04 PM
What provider do you guys use?
There are IPs banned. I'll dig in and see if the one GBL posted is among them.

Sprint.

rowjimmy

Occurs to me now, of course, that you'd simply be informed if it were a ban.
This is not that.

mbw

Quote from: rowjimmy on March 13, 2017, 07:55:57 AM
Occurs to me now, of course, that you'd simply be informed if it were a ban.
This is not that.

Its weird because the site will fully load, but it is blank.  no message, just nothing.

GBL

Quote from: mbw on March 12, 2017, 02:24:02 PM
Quote from: GBL on March 11, 2017, 10:44:20 PM

I have a similar thing the past two days.  My phone will load the site on wifi, but not data.
Its just this site.  Weird, right?

Exact same issues here and I use Sprint, as well..

They must not be fans
If this is love, I'm never going home..