News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emay

Quote from: anthrax on December 28, 2017, 04:44:15 PM
My first New Year's Run kicked off today!  The flow of the show was very odd, especially after the insanity that was fall tour.  I got floor tickets through mail order.  They were $25 each, and I thought the theme of the mail order tickets from the 28th to the 31st was the coolest thing ever. 

QuotePHISH, SUNDAY 12/28/1997
USAIR ARENA
Landover, MD
Soundcheck: Sample in a Jar, Drowned, Black-Eyed Katy, Funky Bitch

SET 1: Julius, Cities > The Curtain > Sample in a Jar, The Old Home Place > Runaway Jim, Farmhouse, Funky Bitch, Split Open and Melt, Bouncing Around the Room, Character Zero

SET 2: Axilla > Simple, Ghost > Drowned > Scent of a Mule[1], Halley's Comet > Slave to the Traffic Light, Rocky Top > Cavern

ENCORE: Bold As Love

[1] The Mule Duel contained a slow jam instead of the traditional duel.
The Mule Duel contained Roundabout teases and a slow jam instead of the traditional duel. Between Simple and Ghost, Trey talked about feedback problems and the "ghosts in the machine."

Jealous! That NYE run is the tits!
12/29 & 30 are sooo good.
This show is def interesting, it has some highlights though. Always enjoyed the cities and Halleys. Ghost is alright but nothing compared to the fall ones. Scent is fun too.

antelope19

***Noob alert***

This was my first show. Can't believe it was 20 years ago.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

VA $l!m

Quote from: anthrax on December 28, 2017, 04:44:15 PM
My first New Year's Run kicked off today!  The flow of the show was very odd, especially after the insanity that was fall tour.  I got floor tickets through mail order.  They were $25 each, and I thought the theme of the mail order tickets from the 28th to the 31st was the coolest thing ever. 

QuotePHISH, SUNDAY 12/28/1997
USAIR ARENA
Landover, MD
Soundcheck: Sample in a Jar, Drowned, Black-Eyed Katy, Funky Bitch

SET 1: Julius, Cities > The Curtain > Sample in a Jar, The Old Home Place > Runaway Jim, Farmhouse, Funky Bitch, Split Open and Melt, Bouncing Around the Room, Character Zero

SET 2: Axilla > Simple, Ghost > Drowned > Scent of a Mule[1], Halley's Comet > Slave to the Traffic Light, Rocky Top > Cavern

ENCORE: Bold As Love

[1] The Mule Duel contained a slow jam instead of the traditional duel.
The Mule Duel contained Roundabout teases and a slow jam instead of the traditional duel. Between Simple and Ghost, Trey talked about feedback problems and the "ghosts in the machine."
was at that one...with RJ and igbo if i recall.
def. some highlights and overall on par for the era, but as you said a weird flow and almost felt like a soundcheck for the msg shows in retrospect. PLus, i always hated the sound a Crap Center...
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

anthrax

15 years!  in my opinion, this was the hardest phish ticket ever!!

mattstick

Quote from: anthrax on December 31, 2017, 05:00:51 PM
15 years!  in my opinion, this was the hardest phish ticket ever!!

Agreed, definitely the hardest ticket.  Wish there was real footage of that night, it might have been the best NYE gag.

Augustus

Quote from: Marmar on December 14, 2017, 11:32:16 AM
So....it was 1995....

It was December....

It was the 14th.

It was COLD.

But inside the Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena, every single person of the 7,500 in attendance, left that night with faces melted and 3rd degree burns over 90% of our bodies by the HEET that was brought that night. My buddy Dan Matthews did the chess move, we ate WAY too much L because we were at "home"......and you can hear my pal Julie cheering for Dan when he did the chess move on most recordings....

What a fucking MEMORABLE night....22 years ago....

My favorite "regular" show that I caught.
Never gets stale.

VA $l!m

so i'm about a month behind in my fall 97 listen through and i'm just wrapping up the worcester shows.
gotta say i'm mad jealous of those that made these. really loving this run.
-Who was there?

Superfreakie

Quote from: VA $l!m on January 01, 2018, 05:07:58 PM
so i'm about a month behind in my fall 97 listen through and i'm just wrapping up the worcester shows.
-Who was there?

I, said the fly!
Que te vaya bien, que te vaya bien, Te quiero más que las palabras pueden decir.

birdman

Quote from: Superfreakie on January 01, 2018, 05:09:15 PM
-Who was there?

I, said the fly!
:sbw: was there
Paug FTMFW!

VA $l!m

Quote from: birdman on January 01, 2018, 06:00:31 PM
Quote from: Superfreakie on January 01, 2018, 05:09:15 PM
-Who was there?

I, said the fly!
:sbw: was there
listening to end of 11-29 2nd set today. the Hood raocked my world.
havent gotten to the 30th yet but even tho the 27th is such a jacked up intense show i think i prefer the 29th so far. its much more my speed. first set is one of the best ive ever heard, and i love the vibe in teh 2nd as well. the tweezer and hood really stood out for me and put me in the same blissful headspace as when i listen to the hampton shows i saw.

WhatstheUse?

I'm an 11/30 guy myself. That Stash is so good. And that Wolfman's is music to go crazy too.  :crazy:
Bring in the dude!

VA $l!m

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 09, 2018, 05:55:42 PM
I'm an 11/30 guy myself. That Stash is so good. And that Wolfman's is music to go crazy too.  :crazy:
nice! Up next  :music:

VA $l!m

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on January 09, 2018, 05:55:42 PM
finished the 30th. incredible show.
really dug the 2nd set. sick stash, ToP shelf Free. great piper, and NASTY antelope.
prob. one  of the best sets of tour, and ever.

btw, i realize now i got carried away listening to this run and added in the 27th from 98, lol. 
still, amazing 3 nights. doesn't get any better than this.

PIE-GUY

25 years ago today I walked into the Vanderbilt bookstore and purchased Rift on its release day. When I checked out, the girl at the register said something like, "Who the fuck is Phish? You're like the tenth person to buy that CD today and we've only been open an hour."

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mopper_smurf

Quote from: PIE-GUY on February 02, 2018, 10:11:29 AM
25 years ago today I walked into the Vanderbilt bookstore and purchased Rift on its release day. When I checked out, the girl at the register said something like, "Who the fuck is Phish? You're like the tenth person to buy that CD today and we've only been open an hour."

:clap:
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy