News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

12, 13, 20 years ago we were .....

Started by lifeboy13, July 23, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattstick

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

mattstick

Well, I got a ride and he hooked up places to stay on tour.  Still FB friends with the guy.  Jesse Jarnow was also in the car.

Marmar

Quote from: WhatstheUse? on December 03, 2017, 09:46:11 PM
Quote from: mattstick on December 03, 2017, 08:10:12 PM
Listened to a lot from Philly 97 this weekend, so good.  Looking forward to re-visiting Cleveland, Detroit and Dayton.

It's hard to say that any Fall 97 show is 'underated' but I've always felt 12/2 doesn't get the attention it should. Perhaps it's overshadowed by the Possum>Jam from the second night that everyone talks about.

Either way, that 12/2 Mike's Groove is such a monster. The Segues are mint, especially the DFB>Ya Mar segment, and you gotta love the abnormal treatment/arrangements  on both. One of my all time Mike's Groove!

and its funny how NO ONE ever mentions the Drowned on 12/3...MONSTEROUS......
Who's the Marmar? I'm the Marmar!!!

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Music is what feelings sound like.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Marmar on December 07, 2017, 11:07:50 PM
Listened to a lot from Philly 97 this weekend, so good.  Looking forward to re-visiting Cleveland, Detroit and Dayton.

It’s hard to say that any Fall 97 show is ‘underated’ but I’ve always felt 12/2 doesn’t get the attention it should. Perhaps it’s overshadowed by the Possum>Jam from the second night that everyone talks about.

Either way, that 12/2 Mike’s Groove is such a monster. The Segues are mint, especially the DFB>Ya Mar segment, and you gotta love the abnormal treatment/arrangements  on both. One of my all time Mike’s Groove!

Check the new HFPod..

http://www.hfpod.com/2017/12/episode-124-spectrum-1997.html

ph92

Quote from: Marmar on December 07, 2017, 11:07:50 PM

It's hard to say that any Fall 97 show is 'underated' but I've always felt 12/2 doesn't get the attention it should. Perhaps it's overshadowed by the Possum>Jam from the second night that everyone talks about.

Either way, that 12/2 Mike's Groove is such a monster. The Segues are mint, especially the DFB>Ya Mar segment, and you gotta love the abnormal treatment/arrangements  on both. One of my all time Mike's Groove!

Had to go back and listed, the interplay between Page and Trey right after Trey's little solo at the beginning of the jam is awesome. But yes It's definitely a heater!
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

August

I still believe that Mike played a one string fretless for DFB. I saw it with my very own eyes.
I think.

pcr3

Quote from: August on December 08, 2017, 07:02:44 PM
I still believe that Mike played a one string fretless for DFB. I saw it with my very own eyes.
I think.

I was there too and can corroborate. Maybe.

Gonna spin this tomorrow and try to get back to that place.
"I'm singlehandedly responsible for poisoning the entire local ecosystem with all my fluids spilling onto the ground." -birdman, while plowing

"Mushrooms were a good idea!" -wtu

http://phish.net/myshows/prizzi3

August

12-02-1997 would be a good LP.
The tapes stink.

mattstick

Love 12/12/97.

Great segue in Funky Bitch > 2001
Camel Walk!
Tweezer has the Fall 97 start/stop but gets ambient and mellow...

and the second set is even better.

Would be a great CD release with 12/13/97.

Marmar

Quote from: mattstick on December 12, 2017, 07:58:27 AM

Love 12/12/97.

Great segue in Funky Bitch > 2001
Camel Walk!
Tweezer has the Fall 97 start/stop but gets ambient and mellow...

and the second set is even better.

Would be a great CD release with 12/13/97.

Love the vids....

Phish doesn't write beautiful music...the beautiful music happens after the written parts.

<gainesvillegreen> now, if they could get their sound to be as good as the lights, we'd have a band hee-yah!!

Marmar

So....it was 1995....

It was December....

It was the 14th.

It was COLD.

But inside the Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena, every single person of the 7,500 in attendance, left that night with faces melted and 3rd degree burns over 90% of our bodies by the HEET that was brought that night. My buddy Dan Matthews did the chess move, we ate WAY too much L because we were at "home"......and you can hear my pal Julie cheering for Dan when he did the chess move on most recordings....

What a fucking MEMORABLE night....22 years ago....

Buffalo Budd

Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

Nedstruzz

12/2-12/3/97 as well as 12/12-12/13/97 would both make incredible Live Phish releases.

Additionally, there will never be anything quite like a December Phish show in the Northeast in the 90's.  Ever. 

December 95 and Dec 97 are just amazing memories that I will never forget. 

anthrax

My first New Year's Run kicked off today!  The flow of the show was very odd, especially after the insanity that was fall tour.  I got floor tickets through mail order.  They were $25 each, and I thought the theme of the mail order tickets from the 28th to the 31st was the coolest thing ever. 

QuotePHISH, SUNDAY 12/28/1997
USAIR ARENA
Landover, MD
Soundcheck: Sample in a Jar, Drowned, Black-Eyed Katy, Funky Bitch

SET 1: Julius, Cities > The Curtain > Sample in a Jar, The Old Home Place > Runaway Jim, Farmhouse, Funky Bitch, Split Open and Melt, Bouncing Around the Room, Character Zero

SET 2: Axilla > Simple, Ghost > Drowned > Scent of a Mule[1], Halley's Comet > Slave to the Traffic Light, Rocky Top > Cavern

ENCORE: Bold As Love

[1] The Mule Duel contained a slow jam instead of the traditional duel.
The Mule Duel contained Roundabout teases and a slow jam instead of the traditional duel. Between Simple and Ghost, Trey talked about feedback problems and the "ghosts in the machine."