News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

DVR ALERT!!

Started by PIE-GUY, February 13, 2014, 03:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sls.stormyrider

"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

sls.stormyrider

reminder bump
9PM Eastern PBS
Muscle Shoals
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

PIE-GUY

Bump for one of the greatest Austin City Limits episodes ever. Tom Waits recorded in 1978. Tomorrow (Saturday) night. Check your local pbs listings.
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mopper_smurf

Quote from: PGLHAH on December 19, 2014, 09:53:32 PM
Bump for one of the greatest Austin City Limits episodes ever. Tom Waits recorded in 1978. Tomorrow (Saturday) night. Check your local pbs listings.

:crazy:  :crazy:  :crazy:

Can some kind soul grab the broadcast? k thx bai.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

whatthecello42

Quote from: PGLHAH on December 19, 2014, 09:53:32 PM

You can also stream the whole thing right here at least until the 17th of January.

http://video.pbs.org/program/austin-city-limits/

sls.stormyrider

Arlo Guthrie 50th anniversary of Alice's Restaurant concert on PBS (9 PM for us, check your local listings)

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: slslbs on November 26, 2015, 10:20:30 AM
Arlo Guthrie 50th anniversary of Alice's Restaurant concert on PBS (9 PM for us, check your local listings)

Sweet, thanks for the headsup.  :beers:
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

sls.stormyrider

http://deadline.com/2015/11/amc-john-lennon-tribute-concert-imagine-john-le nnon-75th-concert-1201621820/

QuoteAMC said this morning that it will broadcast Imagine: John Lennon 75th Birthday Concert, an all-star event celebrating the music and message of the legendary musician in honor of what would have been his 75th birthday last month. The network, which is keeping a foothold in the unscripted/special events realm, will team with Blackbird Presents for the event, a one-night-only concert to be taped December 5 at New York's Theater at Madison Square Garden and air exclusively on AMC at 9 PM Saturday, December 19.

RelatedAMC Networks Says 'Doctor Who' And 'Fear The Walking Dead' Drove Earnings Beat
The event will feature performances by Aloe Blacc, Eric Church, Sheryl Crow, Brandon Flowers of the Killers, Peter Frampton, Juanes, Kris Kristofferson, Pat Monahan of Train, Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine, Willie Nelson, the Roots, Chris Stapleton and Steven Tyler. More performers will be announced.

Greg Phillinganes (Stevie Wonder: Songs In The Key Of Life: An All-Star Grammy Salute) and Don Was (The Night That Changed America: A Grammy Salute To The Beatles) will serve as music directors, and The Night That Changed America helmer Gregg Gelfand will direct. Keith Wortman of Blackbird Presents is the creator and executive producer. AMC SVP Non-Fiction and Alternative Programming Eliot Goldberg and AMC and VP Non-Fiction and Alternative Programming Marco Bresaz are overseeing for the network.

"We are proud to be associated with this special event, and to bring Imagine: John Lennon 75th Birthday Concert to AMC viewers," said Joel Stillerman, President of Original Programming and Pevelopment at AMC and SundanceTV. "We are continuing to explore unique opportunities in non-fiction programming and special events that can live alongside our original productions and movies, and we know this remarkable event will do just that and attract Lennon fans and music lovers of all ages."

Tickets go on sale Tuesday. A portion of proceeds will be donated to Robin Hood, the New York-based charity dedicated to fighting poverty.

mistercharlie

DVR set. Thanks for the heads-up.  :beers:
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

PIE-GUY

If you get AXS tune in tonight for the Dr. John special. I was at the concert they filmed for this. It was awesome.

http://blackbirdpresents.com/musical-mojo-of-dr-john-concert/

anthrax

sls.stormyrider

PIE-GUY

Been a while on this thread... on PBS starting next week and running for 8 episodes over two weeks is Soundbreaking. This looks like it's gonna be a winner. Check your local listings and set your DVRs.

http://soundbreaking.com/

mopper_smurf

Quote from: PGLHAH on November 10, 2016, 02:12:00 PM
Been a while on this thread... on PBS starting next week and running for 8 episodes over two weeks is Soundbreaking. This looks like it's gonna be a winner. Check your local listings and set your DVRs.

http://soundbreaking.com/

Saw that. Prettig good.
Here Comes The Flood - a weblog about music
Twitter | FB | Instagram

As a roadie for the Jimi Hendrix Experience, I learned that I should give up being a guitar player. - Lemmy

alcoholandcoffeebeans

I'm on edge waiting for the George Martin part of Soundbreaking.

so stoked.
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫