News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Earbud recommendations

Started by VDB, October 27, 2014, 10:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tet

Quote from: mattstick on June 19, 2017, 12:54:25 PM
Quote from: mattstick on March 06, 2017, 12:49:45 PM
I definitely want.

All of my dreams have come true. Rocking the AirPods.

Switching from iPhone to iMac with a single click is killer.
The rest of your lifetime
devoid of a care
If you keep your eyes open
you may find yourself there
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

VDB

I may be finally ready to go wireless. I hear it's the future.

Please bless me with your recommendations. My primary use case will probably be the gym. So I may not want the kind that have the wire+battery that connects them behind your head, if those are annoying for lying-down exercises.

I've tried out a friend's airpod pros and, yes, they did sound pretty great. I wish they came in colors other than white; wearing airpods as a kind of status symbol (as so many people seem to) would seem to me the worst part about them. I know that's petty. I do also wonder about their integration into the Apple ecosystem model and shit like OS/hardware compatibility--is this an issue?
Is this still Wombat?

PIE-GUY

The wife bought me UE Fits for Christmas. The left one arrived dead and it took a few weeks to get the replacement, but once I got em up and running I like them. 

I used Westone customs for years. They finally died and I wanted to go wireless. There really isn't a good custom wireless solution yet. The UE Fits are certainly nowhere near as good as the customs, but they're better than I expected. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

mbw

Quote from: VDB on March 28, 2022, 09:21:18 PMI've tried out a friend's airpod pros and, yes, they did sound pretty great. I wish they came in colors other than white; wearing airpods as a kind of status symbol (as so many people seem to) would seem to me the worst part about them.

Is being a douche a status?

mistercharlie

QuoteI've tried out a friend's airpod pros and, yes, they did sound pretty great. I wish they came in colors other than white; wearing airpods as a kind of status symbol (as so many people seem to) would seem to me the worst part about them.

Is being a douche a status?
It sure is. I believe you are not able to run for any form of political office, or work on a 'Reality TV' show, unless you have attained Douche status.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

GBL

I use over-ear BT headphones at the gym, never had an issue, and despise in-ear products

since my use case is almost entirely gym, Id spend at most $30-40 dollars, and they'll sound just fine, ymmv
If this is love, I'm never going home..

emay

I have the airpod pros and usually don't like the in-ear models but don't mind these for some reason. They fit really snug with the smaller ear attachment size and noise cancelling is really good also has a transparency mode. Almost don't notice I have them in. Works great on planes. 

tet

agreed, the Pros are just really good. it's seamless now switching between iPhone/iPad/Mac, and the noise cancellation - which I normally DESPISE - is really good.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

GBL

another cool thing about the air pods is that I've never heard of anyone ever losing one/both of them
If this is love, I'm never going home..

Buffalo Budd

Quote from: GBL on March 31, 2022, 06:11:10 PManother cool thing about the air pods is that I've never heard of anyone ever losing one/both of them

I was at Stoneham a few weeks ago and saw my buddy grab one out of his kid's ears and huff it in the snow. He said she didn't do anything without it attached to her ear.
Pretty sure she lost that one.
Everything is connected, because it's all being created by this one consciousness. And we are tiny reflections of the mind that is creating the universe.

VDB

Quote from: Buffalo Budd on March 31, 2022, 10:36:08 PM
Quote from: GBL on March 31, 2022, 06:11:10 PManother cool thing about the air pods is that I've never heard of anyone ever losing one/both of them

I was at Stoneham a few weeks ago and saw my buddy grab one out of his kid's ears and huff it in the snow. He said she didn't do anything without it attached to her ear.
Pretty sure she lost that one.

Their ubiquity is pretty amazing. They're all over campus. I've had to tell students to take them out of their ears in class. The employees at the Y wear them, while working. Workout buddies wear them while working out together. It's possible we've all gone mad.
Is this still Wombat?

VDB

Well, after much foot-dragging and consulting a guy at the gym, I went with the Samsung Galaxy Buds Plus. I liked the small profile and black color. They aren't top of the line but I read a few favorable reviews. The package arrived yesterday.

These things sound fucking terrible. Weak, thin, no bass whatsoever. The original wired buds that came with my iPhone 6S gen sound literally 3x better. I'm a little bit shocked. I wasn't expecting audiophile quality but I thought they'd be decent--they are not whatsoever.

Fack.
Is this still Wombat?

zackonthetrain

if anyone would like a 40% off friends and family discount for skullcandy.com DM and I will shoot you a code 
"a good sauce can't save a bad noodle"

VDB

Well, after further foot-dragging, I have acquired a set of Airpods Pro 2. I probably look like a douche, but they sound very good and are really comfortable.
Is this still Wombat?

PIE-GUY

Quote from: VDB on October 29, 2022, 02:01:31 PMWell, after further foot-dragging, I have acquired a set of Airpods Pro 2. I probably look like a douche, but they sound very good and are really comfortable.

I've got these arriving tomorrow. Have high hopes. 
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul