News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Preacher on AMC

Started by mistercharlie, September 11, 2015, 05:37:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mistercharlie

This is an awesome comic book that was published in the '90s. It was written by Garth Enis and drawn by Steve Dillon. This was one of the first comics to really take it 'out there' even more so than Watchmen. I've been waiting for someone to adapt it for the screen. I had always thought only HBO could do it, but think AMC will do just fine.

http://www.avclub.com/article/amc-gives-series-order-its-preacher-adaptation-225121

The only downside I see here is that Seth Rogan is attached behind the scenes. I'm not sure how I feel about that.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

I'm not worried about Seth Rogen. He's a fan of the book and he's gonna get it done.
I have some concerns about the changes to the narrative though. I don't want to get spoiler-y for those who don't know the story but if you do, seek out yesterday's Nerdist piece. They show a cool makeup test HBO did for Arseface.

Either way, I'm anxious to see this. It's an amazing story and could make great television.

mistercharlie

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 11, 2015, 08:26:11 AM
I'm not worried about Seth Rogen. He's a fan of the book and he's gonna get it done.
I have some concerns about the changes to the narrative though. I don't want to get spoiler-y for those who don't know the story but if you do, seek out yesterday's Nerdist piece. They show a cool makeup test HBO did for Arseface.

Either way, I'm anxious to see this. It's an amazing story and could make great television.

Yeah, that sound pretty different from the story we know. I bet it will be good though, given AMC's track record.
"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

rowjimmy

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

mistercharlie

I am really liking the different take on the story. Kind of a slow burn type of thing going on.

The hard part is that I've read it before so the wife keeps asking me questions about things that are explained right out of the gate in the books but seem like they are keeping an bit of mystery about some of it so I don't want to answer her questions.

VA $l!m

very soid 1st season. cant wait to see the road trip ahead.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-