News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Serial Podcast

Started by emay, January 06, 2016, 10:39:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mbw

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 29, 2016, 12:20:24 PM
Yeah...

He's not.

Thing is, Serial leaves it ambiguous at best.
Undisclosed pretty much shuts the door on that conviction, which is why he's on the road to getting a new trial.

Its not even ambiguous at this point though.  If there is some bombshell coming up i wonder why they dont even tease it a bit.  So far its been 6 hours of a guy with the Shaggy defense, "Wasn't me."

I will keep listening though.

emay

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 29, 2016, 12:20:24 PM
Yeah...

He's not.

Thing is, Serial leaves it ambiguous at best.
Undisclosed pretty much shuts the door on that conviction, which is why he's on the road to getting a new trial.

I thought that as well. The show "The Night of" reminds me of this story a little but just more random and less additional suspects (sucks for that fictional kid). But there are several other suspects in Adnands case. Later episodes go into detail about the other suspects in the Serial case and how their stories are just as shady as Adnands story, if not more suspicious. Its just hard to fathom motives of people when its a senseless murder like this. 

VDB

To me it's all about "reasonable doubt." The totality of the evidence (or lack thereof) to me indicates enough room for an acquittal. Even "probably guilty" or "most likely guilty" isn't enough in a criminal case.
Is this still Wombat?

rowjimmy

Quote from: VDB on July 29, 2016, 01:55:59 PM
To me it's all about "reasonable doubt." The totality of the evidence (or lack thereof) to me indicates enough room for an acquittal. Even "probably guilty" or "most likely guilty" isn't enough in a criminal case.

When visited with the additional defense evidence not produced by the original defense, They would be hard pressed to get to the "probably guilty" or even "maybe guilty" stage of things.
The totality of the evidence produced by the prosecution is one witness whose story has changed times than I can count.

emay

Quote from: rowjimmy on July 29, 2016, 02:07:48 PM
Quote from: VDB on July 29, 2016, 01:55:59 PM

When visited with the additional defense evidence not produced by the original defense, They would be hard pressed to get to the "probably guilty" or even "maybe guilty" stage of things.
The totality of the evidence produced by the prosecution is one witness whose story has changed times than I can count.

That and those cell phone tower records that have since been proven inadmissible because of how inaccurate those are in actual location of the cell phone.