News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Rick and Morty

Started by VDB, September 21, 2016, 11:05:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VDB

I saw a guy hawking a shirt before Dick's 3 that I liked the look of, so I snagged one. Talking to him about the design after the transaction, he said it was based on Rick and Morty, a show I'd heard of but otherwise knew nothing about.

So I figured, since I own the shirt, I might as well give the show a try.

Surely some of you stoners are hip to this. It's one of those late-night Adult Swim jobs, heavy on the crude humor and irreverence and very imaginative. It's not hysterical but it's pretty amusing. I dig it.

Is this still Wombat?

ph92

I absolutely love this show! It's so awesome! I can't wait for season 3. This show started out crude but has gotten pretty complex, vey funny, sometimes deep and builds on a background theme and story. Which was refreshing because at first glance I thought it was just going to be another dumb stoner cartoon
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

VDB

Wait. Are you saying it's no longer crude? I'm only through six episodes.
Is this still Wombat?

ph92

Quote from: VDB on September 21, 2016, 11:44:03 PM
no still very very crude but that's not all it is it gets pretty complex and intelligent at times. one of the writers for the show is the main writer for one off my other favorite shows " community"
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

ytowndan

Just a couple weeks ago a friend sent me this video.  It's the only thing by them I've ever seen, but it cracked me up.  The dialog is taken, verbatim, from an actual court transcript, a murder trial in Georgia.  IIRC, this video was produced for Comic-Con.  (The language has been bleeped in this video, but it's still most definitely NSFW)

Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

mistercharlie

The wife and I just started watching this a week or two ago after we each had a co-worker tell us they thought we'd like it. Love all the smart humor that is hidden throughout. I think my favorite smart joke so far came from the Rick Potion #9 episode.

Jerry: I wish that shotgun was my penis.
Beth: If it was, I'd be Ernest Hemingway.

"I used to be 'with it', but then they changed what 'it' was and now what I'm with isn't 'it' and what's 'it' seems weird and scary to me"
Quote from: kellerb on August 02, 2009, 02:29:05 AM
You haven't lived until you've had a robot shart in your ear and followed along in the live setlist thread while it happens. 

Multibeast12

This show is brilliant. I wish season three would come out all ready.

Quote from: ph92 on September 21, 2016, 11:46:00 PM
Quote from: VDB on September 21, 2016, 11:44:03 PM
no still very very crude but that's not all it is it gets pretty complex and intelligent at times. one of the writers for the show is the main writer for one off my other favorite shows " community"
Dan Harmon who is the head writer for this show, is one of the best comedy writers doing it right now. He gets so deep with some jokes but then can perfectly execute a beautiful moment right along side a boner joke, or insane movie reference. He is one of the inspirations of making me want to write comedy in life.

VDB

Is this still Wombat?

Lifeboy

Wow, perfect timing on the thread, bc I just started watching this show a week ago, and I absolutely fucking LOVE it.

My gf and I are both hooked.
Quote from: mistercharlie on March 10, 2010, 10:41:36 PMTo know me is to know my love of Phish.  :smoke:

rowjimmy

Dan Harmon is a genius.
That is all.

runawayjimbo

I had to look up if that was in fact real. Survey says:  yup.

Gold, Jerry. Gold.
Quote from: DoW on October 26, 2013, 09:06:17 PM
I'm drunk but that was epuc

Quote from: mehead on June 22, 2016, 11:52:42 PM
The Line still sucks. Hard.

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on July 25, 2017, 08:21:56 PM
well boys, we fucked up by not being there.

emay

Glad to see this thread. Both seasons of Rick and morty are fucking gold.
They are in the process of making the third Suppose to be out end of year.

Get Schwiftyyyyy dudes!!  :rawk:

westcider

Rick & Morty rules!!  I discovered it after there was a R&M couch gag on the Simpsons a season or two ago.  I was a big Community fan, too.

the voice of both characters is Justin Roiland (I often wonder if he does both characters' lines in one take or if he overdubs).  he also played Christopher Cross in Yacht Rock, which is one of my favorite things I've ever found on the internet.

VDB

Well I'll be damned. I love Yacht Rock.
Is this still Wombat?

ytowndan

I'm gonna have to check out the actual show now that I know Dan Harmon is behind it.  I loved Community.  We got our six seasons...now it's time for the movie!
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.