News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

2018-08-12 - Merriweather Post Pavilion- Columbia, MD - Discussion Thread

Started by cleech74, August 12, 2018, 11:00:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cleech74

08/12/2018
Merriweather Post Pavilion
Columbia, MD

Set I:

llama>BBFCFM, Meat, Alaska, Tweezer>Gin, Curtain (With), CDT

Set II:

Tweezer Reprise>NMINML>Twist, Fucker Pants> Piper>Tweeprise tease>BDTNL>2001> Hood

Encore: Heavy Things, Bug, Tweezer Reprise
"...ruminations of the end of empire, what it is like for a society to no longer have the will to pull itself as a whole, as a single entity, forward. It is a recipe for the disenfranchisement of significant portions of the country, for a divorce of one America from the other" -David Simon

VDB

Another fun one! Coulda done without the recycled Tweeprise joke but the crowd here loved it.
Is this still Wombat?

alcoholandcoffeebeans

everything I read on here this morning just makes me get more and more excited for this weekend.

looking forward to hearing that entire second set.  :music:
honest to the point of recklessness...                     ♫ ♪ ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llılı ♪ ♫

mehead

Quote from: alcoholandcoffeebeans on August 13, 2018, 05:24:56 AM
everything I read on here this morning just makes me get more and more excited for this weekend.

looking forward to hearing that entire second set show:music:

fyp
His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

rowjimmy

VA $l!m

-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

PIE-GUY

"a week off and then the tent-pole events. Curveball. Dicks. BOOM!"
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

GBL

Quote from: rowjimmy on August 13, 2018, 11:55:47 AM
Do NOT sleep on set one.

Haven't listened yet, but on paper it looks like the business, and if I was in attendance would have been very pleased
If this is love, I'm never going home..

mehead

His eyes were clean and pure but his mind was so deranged

VA $l!m

i almost feel bad for dude saying that was his first LLama. I watched it last night and was digging it enough through the Page solo, but then had to turn it off when Trey started playing.

WhatstheUse?

Bring in the dude!

Gumbo72203

Quote from: VA $l!m on August 13, 2018, 03:08:32 PM
i almost feel bad for dude saying that was his first LLama. I watched it last night and was digging it enough through the Page solo, but then had to turn it off when Trey started playing.

You should stick it out through the end, Trey actually honorably serves up the solo.  I liked it.  Ferocious and with proper energy.  I gave it a passing grade, easily. 
"Just drink some water, and breathe through your nose."  -Slim, 3/7/09

Quote from: redrum on April 04, 2010, 07:45:51 PM
%% with alternated lyrics about a 1995 jeep cherokee that was also sacraficed on this tour.

Quote from: blatboom on November 04, 2012, 08:46:54 PM
I think I got it but he's such a spaz he'll probably never open this thread again

VA $l!m

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on August 14, 2018, 05:35:04 PM

You should stick it out through the end, Trey actually honorably serves up the solo.  I liked it.  Ferocious and with proper energy.  I gave it a passing grade, easily.
no  comment.

PS - for some reason i always thought that Zappa guy was doing reviews from the shows, but then he says merriweather was like only his 24 show or something. FAKE NEWS!!!!

Hicks

Pretty rare in 3.0 and no way that guy is older than early 30s. 
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

VA $l!m

Quote from: Hicks on August 14, 2018, 06:17:11 PM

Pretty rare in 3.0 and no way that guy is older than early 30s.
he said his 1st show was either 98 or 99, cant remember which.