News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Last Movie You Watched.

Started by converse29, August 12, 2006, 10:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VA $l!m

Quote from: ph92 on March 25, 2018, 12:26:36 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on March 24, 2018, 11:53:43 PM
Dunkirk is the only one of the bunch I've seen and it is gripping.
Loved every minute of it though, as did my wife.
Just watched this, loved it for sure. One of the best new movies I've seen in a while.

Also just watched Gomorrah. It's about the Camorra in Italy, it was decent. Good cinematography, interesting plot. It felt grimy, shows what the Mafia in Italy is like these days.  No order, no respect.
hmm, is that the same Gomorrah thats a tv show on Sundance? sounds exactly like it. if so definitely a sick show. cant wait for the next season.

watched Dunkirk last night BTw... eh, pretty good. nothing mindblowing, but not bad.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

ph92

Quote from: VA $l!m on March 25, 2018, 04:52:03 PM
Quote from: ph92 on March 25, 2018, 12:26:36 PM
Quote from: Buffalo Budd on March 24, 2018, 11:53:43 PM
Dunkirk is the only one of the bunch I've seen and it is gripping.
Loved every minute of it though, as did my wife.
Just watched this, loved it for sure. One of the best new movies I've seen in a while.

Also just watched Gomorrah. It's about the Camorra in Italy, it was decent. Good cinematography, interesting plot. It felt grimy, shows what the Mafia in Italy is like these days.  No order, no respect.
hmm, is that the same Gomorrah thats a tv show on Sundance? sounds exactly like it. if so definitely a sick show. cant wait for the next season.

watched Dunkirk last night BTw... eh, pretty good. nothing mindblowing, but not bad.
I'm not sure if it has any relation to the show other than being on the same topic. But I'll have to check the show out. I'm a sucker for things about organized crime.
Make America Melt Again!

Quote from: runawayjimbo on July 25, 2017, 11:10:15 PM
FUCK YEAH TREY. FUCK YEAH

PIE-GUY

So, I worked sxsw this year which earned me a platinum badge (basically free entry into anything I wanted) and was able to catch a few good flicks during sxsw film.

1. Science Fair - This was actually really good. Kind of cool that an old high school buddy of mine was the Director of Photography for it. It won the audience favorite award, too. Certainly got my vote! They haven't secured distribution yet, but I imagine it'll be available at some point. If you've ever seen Spellbound, it's pretty similar.
https://schedule.sxsw.com/2018/films/120085

2. The Bill Murray Stories: Life Lessons Learned From A Mythical Man - this one was just kinda disappointing. To be sure, it had some funny moments. But it was only 70 minutes long and that felt too long. Too bad. It had so much promise.
https://schedule.sxsw.com/2018/films/124329

3. Won't You Be My Neighbor? - this was incredible... and very timely. Love conquering hate for 90 straight minutes. You all know you love Mr Rogers. This one has distribution locked down and will be in theaters in June. Go fucking see this movie. Take your kids to see it. Tell your friends to see it.
https://schedule.sxsw.com/2018/films/122285

4. Meow Wolf: Origin Story - first of all, I've been to Meow Wolf in Santa Fe and it was an incredible experience. In the next few years they'll be opening locations in Denver, Las Vegas, and austin. If you've never heard of them, you will soon. Film was great, but it was as disjointed as the organization that it follows. I loved it.
https://schedule.sxsw.com/2018/films/121064

5. Blaze - this was the only non-documentary I saw and it was a biopic about the great Texas songwriter Blaze Foley. Another fucking great flick... Charlie Sexton as Townes van Zandt absolutely stole the show. Not sure what the distribution plans are for this one, but keep an eye out. It's fucking good.
https://schedule.sxsw.com/2018/films/118209
http://blazethemovie.com

I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

VA $l!m

finally caught ExMachina- wow that was a good film. waaay better than i expected.

VA $l!m

INfinity War.
Pretty f-ing Epic i gotta say.
Well Done. Josh Brolin was awesome. Probably best comic movie villian since Heath in Dark Knight.
Helluva cliffhanger too. Can't wait to see what happens next.

Thrillhouse

Just found out Blow Out is on Hulu. Mid 70s Travolta/Lithgow. Absolutely fantastic suspense and the plot line revolves around movie sound production. Very cool. Very recommended
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

cactusfan

Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on October 02, 2018, 01:36:32 AM
Just found out Blow Out is on Hulu. Mid 70s Travolta/Lithgow. Absolutely fantastic suspense and the plot line revolves around movie sound production. Very cool. Very recommended

Though for best effect, one should first watch Blow Up and The Conversation, to see where DePalma stole-- ahem-- found his inspiration.

Thrillhouse

Quote from: cactusfan on October 02, 2018, 12:08:07 PM

Though for best effect, one should first watch Blow Up and The Conversation, to see where DePalma stole-- ahem-- found his inspiration.

100% agreed. The Conversation one of my all time favorite movies ever. John Cazale was incapable of being in a bad movie.
Quote from: bvaz on February 14, 2012, 02:59:09 PM
I can only imagine how much I would hate people at an event like 'roo.

Pebbles and marbles, like things on my mind...

cactusfan

Quote from: KingOfPrussia2155 on October 02, 2018, 12:23:49 PM
Quote from: cactusfan on October 02, 2018, 12:08:07 PM

100% agreed. The Conversation one of my all time favorite movies ever. John Cazale was incapable of being in a bad movie.

Yep. Cazale only acted in the best movies ever, then died too too young.

shoreline99

Hitman's Bodyguard. Great light action flick, you could do worse for a popcorn couch night with Samuel L. Jackson chewing the motherfucking scenery.
Quote from: rowjimmy on August 25, 2015, 11:19:15 AM
You're entitled to your opinion but I'm going to laugh at it.

gainesvillegreen

Saw two movies over the weekend

The Sisters Brothers - Love watching Westerns on the big screen. This was a great novel by Patrick DeWitt, and great adaptation. Highly recommended.

Bad Times at the El Royale - Liked this, didn't love it. The first 30 minutes I kept getting a Tarantino vibe from the material, which was good, but kept getting it throughout the rest of the movie, which was not. I do love Jeff Bridges tho, will watch anything he is in, once.
Dysfunction and itemized lists of people's failures are where it's at.

jam>

"Sorry to Bother You" is an instant cult classic (and my favorite of the year so far).

VDB

Awe-inspiring.
Exhilarating.
And utterly nerve-wracking.
Is this still Wombat?

anthrax

^^^^ dude is one crazy bastard!

tet

watched Three Identical Strangers last week, what a fucking crazy ass movie.  do yourselves a favor and watch this - it's really well done, and a fascinating story.
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish