News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Quote/Post of the Year?

Started by rowjimmy, November 19, 2007, 09:55:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hicks

Quote from: sunrisevt on December 12, 2007, 02:43:06 PM
Quote from: Hicks on December 11, 2007, 09:36:40 PM
I always wonder just how many people really were at Coventry, we'll never know for sure. . .
My guess is 60-70k. But I'm no statistician.

Sounds about right, although I'm inclined to say more like 70-75K

Quote from: VA slim on December 12, 2007, 05:48:45 PM
anyone see the video of the Stones concert in BRazil?

holy shit.
broke the biggest concert ever record.
forget what it was... 1 million?

yeah I saw a clip of it and I think it was a million, that's pretty nutso.
Quote from: Trey Anastasio
But, I don't think our fans do happily lap it up, I think they go online and talk about how it was a bad show.

antelope19

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

susep

Caravan2001

Quote from: Hicks on December 12, 2007, 10:35:15 PM
I always wonder just how many people really were at Coventry, we'll never know for sure. . .

holy shit.

Yeah, they are saying that that Stones concert was 1,000,000 people.  I went to Peter Gabriel and Ziggy Marley for free at Golden Gate Park in '93 (Womad Fest)  and that was 100,000, which I think is the biggest show I ever saw....maybe Live Aid, but I think this was bigger, and it was HUGE....can't imagine a million

willsteele

Quote from: caravan2001 on October 23, 2007, 09:38:09 PM
12/1/94 is the shizz, so is the night before (fixin to die?)....as an aside note, I listened to the 4/3/98 Roses for the first time (first real time) and I have to say it flippin rules.....I hated the Island tour while I was attending it, and never gave this Roses a fair shake..well I have heard it 2 times since Saturday (1 time doob/1 time no doob) and it finally did it for me....so weird how I could be bored by it for years, then one day you put on the ipod while picking up dogshit in your yard and it's like the greatest thing you've ever heard!  I'm gonna spin this Bozeman joint right now and give it a listen...it's been a couple years...no doob though, it's bubbler time  :wink:
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

sls.stormyrider

Quote from: caravan2001 on December 15, 2007, 06:03:36 PM
Quote from: Hicks on December 12, 2007, 10:35:15 PM

holy shit.

Yeah, they are saying that that Stones concert was 1,000,000 people.  I went to Peter Gabriel and Ziggy Marley for free at Golden Gate Park in '93 (Womad Fest)  and that was 100,000, which I think is the biggest show I ever saw....maybe Live Aid, but I think this was bigger, and it was HUGE....can't imagine a million
yea. I was at Simon & Garfunkle concert in the Park in 82 or so. According to the Wiki, there were over 500,000 people. There were a lot of people there, but I was surprised to see that #. I can't imagine what 1 mill would be.
"toss away stuff you don't need in the end
but keep what's important, and know who's your friend"
"It's a 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses."

willsteele

My guess is extremely annoying.       :-)
I'm the one who's gonna have to die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.

sunrisevt

Quote from: Eleanor MarsailI love you, daddy. Actually, I love all the people. Even the ones who I don't know their name.