News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

Semi-Pro (Anybody see it?)

Started by sophist, March 10, 2008, 01:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sophist

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/semi_pro/

Looks like a bomb, but I'd like to hear thoughts from my fellow paugers. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

antelope19

Hmm, I was actually looking forward to it.  I haven't made the effort yet though. 
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lotta that comes from bad judgment

tet

i saw it, it was OK.  nothing terribly hilarious about it, probably worth the wait for DVD.  some good moments though...
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

redrum

someone told me to go buy the trailer on dvd at bestbuy for $1 to get a free ticket to see it in the theatre.

anyone else hear about that?
Quote from: sunrisevt on April 13, 2010, 03:18:25 PM
It's a great day on the interweb, people.

Quote from: McGrupp on July 06, 2010, 02:17:12 PM
You guys know the rule... If you weren't there, it wasn't anything special...

---

Anyone who ever played a part, they wouldn't turn around and hate it.

ytowndan

Judging by the trailer it looks like another Blades Of Glory to me.  Stupid but funny as hell.  I may go see it, I don't get out to the movies too often any more. 

BTW I love the larry david avatar!!!   :-D
Quote from: nab on July 27, 2007, 12:20:24 AM
You never drink alone when you have something good to listen to.

sophist

Thanks.  I just revisited Curb the other day and remembered how genius of a show it is at times.  I just saw the sixth season is on DVD, so I'll have to buy it soon. 
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

blatboom

Quote from: Sophist on March 10, 2008, 11:08:28 PM
Thanks.  I just revisited Curb the other day and remembered how genius of a show it is at times.  I just saw the sixth season is on DVD, so I'll have to buy it soon. 

sixth was my least fave thus far but still good.  sort of forced in the way Seinfeld was down the stretch.  but I think every episode from season 3 (the restaurant) and 4 (the Producers) is worth watching.

sophist

Seasons 1-4 are epic to me.  Not a bad one in any of them.