News:

Welcome to week4paug.net 2.1 - same as it ever was! Most features have been restored, but please keep us posted on ANY issues you may be having HERE:  https://week4paug.net/index.php/topic,23937

Main Menu

'08 Nominees - Best Post

Started by rowjimmy, September 07, 2008, 10:08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rowjimmy

Ok, we blew this for '07 so lets track it early and keep it simple.
Quote the post in context, include the nomination (also in context.)

From "Today I Hate..."
Quote from: slslbs on September 07, 2008, 10:01:31 PM
Quote from: Bobafett on September 07, 2008, 06:12:12 PM
Quote from: birdman on September 07, 2008, 02:36:13 PM
Watching Tom Brady get injured

Wait, i thought this was the "today i like" thread.
Quote from: birdman on September 07, 2008, 06:28:25 PM
You're dead to me Bobafett

Birdman gets nominated for the week4paug awards 2008

Bobafett

The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

VA $l!m

really?
september?
no chance.
you shouldve started this thread in march if you wanted these slackers to pull this off.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

thechad

Last years awards ceremony is still a few months away.
"There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese."          -Bobby Finstock

Declan

QuoteWhat?
The new guy calling out Gumbo?!
He's a pillar of the 'paug, braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
a
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

rowjimmy

tet

Quote from: rowjimmy on September 22, 2008, 08:26:13 PM
Dude.. you must quote properly.

such as this ^^^^

(needs to have the link to the original source of the quote. go to the quote you want to nominate, click "quote" to begin a reply - don't actually reply, just copy it and paste it into a reply on this thread - voila!)
"We want you to be happy"
-Phish

Declan

i know how to do that...

Quote from: G. Augusto on August 16, 2008, 07:38:12 AM

What?
The new guy calling out Gumbo?!
He's a pillar of the 'paug, braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah.
a

dont smite me or anything
Quote from: rowjimmy on November 17, 2005, 10:00:20 AM

I've been racking my brains, running through my record collection in my mind to tell you what records are my secret shame and I've decided i have none. I love everything I own and am proud of it. Music should bring joy, not guilt.

rowjimmy

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on October 01, 2008, 01:23:44 PM
Quote from: birdman on October 01, 2008, 08:20:55 AM
Ticket anxiety is bad for the heart.
<Breathe in, Breathe out>

I cant wait to see Gumbo's reaction :-P

Hello.  This is Greg's mother.  We regret to inform you that Greg has suffered a massive heart attack due to this news.  On a piece of paper was scrawled this website, between the words 'let' and 'know'.  We are waiting to hear back from the doctor on his condition, but the prognosis does not look good.  Knowing how much this band meant to him, we are politely requesting that anyone who might end up with an extra ticket set one aside for him, in case we are blessed with a miracle and he recovers.  I know he would not accept anything less than the first night.  Money is not a problem.  Thank you.

Bobafett

I can see this guy i've never even met so doing this!
The events in our lives happen in a sequence in time, but in their significance to ourselves they find their own order; the continuous thread of revelation.

VA $l!m

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 01, 2008, 01:30:51 PM
Quote from: Gumbo72203 on October 01, 2008, 01:23:44 PM
Quote from: birdman on October 01, 2008, 08:20:55 AM
Ticket anxiety is bad for the heart.
<Breathe in, Breathe out>

I cant wait to see Gumbo's reaction :-P

Hello.  This is Greg's mother.  We regret to inform you that Greg has suffered a massive heart attack due to this news.  On a piece of paper was scrawled this website, between the words 'let' and 'know'.  We are waiting to hear back from the doctor on his condition, but the prognosis does not look good.  Knowing how much this band meant to him, we are politely requesting that anyone who might end up with an extra ticket set one aside for him, in case we are blessed with a miracle and he recovers.  I know he would not accept anything less than the first night.  Money is not a problem.  Thank you.

lmao. nice.
-I'm still walkin', so i'm sure that I can dance-

rowjimmy

The best part was how he actually wrote clear sentences very much unlike his typical style.

sophist

Quote from: rowjimmy on October 01, 2008, 08:49:44 PM
The best part was how he actually wrote clear sentences very much unlike his typical style.
:lol:
Can we talk about the Dead?  I'd love to talk about the fucking Grateful Dead, for once, can we please discuss the Grateful FUCKING Dead!?!?!?!

Poster Nutbag

this is my favorite post since I been on here... It almost has to be the best!!!

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 25, 2008, 11:39:46 am
Quote.....and which then the funk jamming did good real well, played a lot funky jamming, very well, and with Richard Gere guitar guy the Vida Blue Page clavinet boogey things in the Heavy Rotation funking, which after the Us and Them into Any Colour You Like and went to jam-funking hose....
Control for smilers can't be bought...

"Your answer is silly. What'd do you want the song to do? End world hunger?
It's a fucking Phish song, some of them are very complex compositions, some are not.

This one with its complex vocal arrangement falls right in between.
But that and a hook aren't enough so I'll let Trey know his songs have to start giving out handys." RJ

G. Augusto

Quote from: Poster Nutbag on October 03, 2008, 03:05:47 AM
this is my favorite post since I been on here... It almost has to be the best!!!

Quote from: Gumbo72203 on September 25, 2008, 11:39:46 am
Quote.....and which then the funk jamming did good real well, played a lot funky jamming, very well, and with Richard Gere guitar guy the Vida Blue Page clavinet boogey things in the Heavy Rotation funking, which after the Us and Them into Any Colour You Like and went to jam-funking hose....

FAYLE.